What is this ghost named Banshee in human realm?

I am at the top of the human realm and I found a ghost named Banshee? I think in a cave. I wacked away at him for 15 minutes but his health never moved. What is the deal with this?

The Banshee has wicked HP Regen plus high defense against Phys, Ice and Magic. try fire or Poison and you gotta do some pretty good damage per second to overcome his Regen

Really? wow that makes me sad. I thought my Shadow warrior build was going really good. I can't believe I could not move his HP. My Shadow Warrior warrior does physical, ice and magic damage so maybe adding some poison and fire damage will help out. I thought there had to be something I was missing but I guess my character needs to grow some more before I tackle the ghost again. Thanks for the information that would have driven me crazy.

Edited by Rasputin17
Really? wow that makes me sad. I thought my Shadow warrior build was going really good. I can't believe I could not move his HP. My Shadow Warrior warrior does physical, ice and magic damage so maybe adding some poison and fire damage will help out. I thought there had to be something I was missing but I guess my character needs to grow some more before I tackle the ghost again. Thanks for the information that would have driven me crazy.

Making the elemental change will make a huge difference. try that and you may see a diff.

• 2 months later...

I need help desperately with this Banshee character. I am an Inquisiter in silver with a survival bonus of 86.4% I currently use duel wield and my favourite CA is Callous Execution. What the hell can I do to even damage the guy? I normally do over 1000 damage per hit but with the Banshee I can barely do double figure damage!

Should I put a poison fang and lava in my favourite weapons? The only weapon I have at the moment with more than two slots is the Seyr's Klinge but that is not the best weapon to use for a duel wielding Inquisiter. What if I bought a weapon just for the two slots but it had less damage than the one's I am using? Would that make much of a difference? The thing with this Banshee is that it can kill me in 2/3 hits, it is ridiculous! Would it be best if I came back when I do die when my survival bonus is close to 0%? I was truly shocked at how hard he hits!

Cheers,

I would suggest using fire damage and perhaps life leech. I've taken him out with my ice HE, the key is to do more dps than he can regen.

I would suggest using fire damage and perhaps life leech. I've taken him out with my ice HE, the key is to do more dps than he can regen.

fire damage would help a lot, if you can find any socketable Life Leech it will do damage as well as HP regen.

And hit the health potion button like a your life depends on it.

hitting the health too fast can actually reduce the healing power of the health pot. use them when you need them but dont dance on the button needlessly or the may not give you enough HP to save your life when you need it.

I need help desperately with this Banshee character. I am an Inquisiter in silver with a survival bonus of 86.4% I currently use duel wield and my favourite CA is Callous Execution. What the hell can I do to even damage the guy? I normally do over 1000 damage per hit but with the Banshee I can barely do double figure damage!

Should I put a poison fang and lava in my favourite weapons? The only weapon I have at the moment with more than two slots is the Seyr's Klinge but that is not the best weapon to use for a duel wielding Inquisiter. What if I bought a weapon just for the two slots but it had less damage than the one's I am using? Would that make much of a difference? The thing with this Banshee is that it can kill me in 2/3 hits, it is ridiculous! Would it be best if I came back when I do die when my survival bonus is close to 0%? I was truly shocked at how hard he hits!

Cheers,

loosing your SB has more negative affects than positive in this case. yes it will reduce the level of the enemy, but you'll also loose a ton of attribute points that can make life hell if your optimized for the boost your getting.

Socket Fire and use your Fever to boost your attack speed for more hits per second and if you can't get him come back later when you damage and attack speed is better.

BTW welcome all to FDM, glad to see you posting here. See you soon.

Thanks for all your replies, really appreciate it. If you were wondering how I still had my survival bonus after I died, on the 360 you can quit to the dashboard before the game loads up again :D I have got loads of items to put in weapons for fire so will give it a shot. I am currently attempting a complete quest run and want to visit EVERYWHERE on the map. I did not want to lose my survival bonus because it has taken me well over 70 hours to get it this high. I was just so shocked that the Banshee could kill in in 2/3 hits. Even the Kolbold Chieftan and the boss at the end of Undead Legion can't hit that hard.

Whats this Fever you talk of Locolagerto? Is that a CA? With my favourite CA - Callous Execution, the regen is 1 second so basically once the attack is over, he can hit time and time again quickly. I have also got the buff that adds souls to your attack, very very good if you kill quickly. I'll have a look at other Combat Arts I could use. My concentration skill and the focus skills I use are high enough for me to use another CA, I'm sure of it.

Thanks again!

Frenetic Fervor is a semibuff the Inquisitors have :D

Thanks Ryan, yes it is a nice speed boost before a fight. you cast it and then switch back to your Callous Execution. the Inquisotor is the only char class that can exceed 150% attack and cast speed. the the frenetic Fervor( lol I thought it was fever) you can hit 170%.

Regen time determines how soon your CA is available to be used again. Casting and Attack determine how fast the attack actually happens. low regens + 170% attack/casting speed = Fast kill speed. :)

Frenetic Fervor is a semibuff the Inquisitors have :superman:

Thanks Ryan, yes it is a nice speed boost before a fight. you cast it and then switch back to your Callous Execution. the Inquisotor is the only char class that can exceed 150% attack and cast speed. the the frenetic Fervor( lol I thought it was fever) you can hit 170%.

Regen time determines how soon your CA is available to be used again. Casting and Attack determine how fast the attack actually happens. low regens + 170% attack/casting speed = Fast kill speed. :crazy:

Thanks for the link Ryan and for your help Locolagerto ;) I went on that link Ryan and really like the look of the modifiers so I am planning on coming back to sort the Banshee out when I have fully modified it ;) Pity you can't have that CA on the whole time like the buff I use to add souls to your attack! Hitting quicker and harder should sort out that pesky Banshee LOL.

How come he hits so hard anyway? Is it because the Inquisiter has low defense compared to say the Shadow Warrior and Seraphim? I've got some decent armour as well but have not put many points into Armour Lore. I've mainly been putting points into stamina and for the past few levels, vitality. You're right Locolagerto, I have been choosing my skills and levelling up based on my survival bonus. I had no choice but to pump points into vitality because even the werewolves were hitting bloody hard!

Thanks for your help both of you, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Frenetic Fervor is a semibuff the Inquisitors have :superman:

Regen time determines how soon your CA is available to be used again. Casting and Attack determine how fast the attack actually happens. low regens + 170% attack/casting speed = Fast kill speed. :crazy:

Thanks for the link Ryan and for your help Locolagerto ;) I went on that link Ryan and really like the look of the modifiers so I am planning on coming back to sort the Banshee out when I have fully modified it ;) Pity you can't have that CA on the whole time like the buff I use to add souls to your attack! Hitting quicker and harder should sort out that pesky Banshee LOL.

How come he hits so hard anyway? Is it because the Inquisiter has low defense compared to say the Shadow Warrior and Seraphim? I've got some decent armour as well but have not put many points into Armour Lore. I've mainly been putting points into stamina and for the past few levels, vitality. You're right Locolagerto, I have been choosing my skills and levelling up based on my survival bonus. I had no choice but to pump points into vitality because even the werewolves were hitting bloody hard!

Thanks for your help both of you, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

there are very few builds out there that don't rely on armor lore for additional damage absorption. the only other trick is to not get hit. But even defense value and chance to evade work on "chance" so you can still get hit with the golden bb. Best to invest in good relics and armor lore plus vitality and constitution and toughness.

I'll rebuild my Pole Arm Inquisitor from my Console days here in the future. Ice and Blood really changed all my build tactics.

I finally killed The Banshee! I put lava into each of the weapons I duel wield which had a conversion rating of 37.7% to fire. Also put a point into Frantic Fervor but because of the armour I wear, it was level 8. It is a great CA, only trouble is it takes a minute to regen. I had to use a grand total of 68 potions and that is the 100% healing potions at that! I was doing ok until The Banshee got to a third of health and then it was taking an age to go down even more, most likely because I was waiting for Frantic Fervor to regen again. Even got an amazing set item drop from killing him too!

I would never have killed that pesky Banshee if it wasn't for the help I have recieved so thank you very much, I really appreciate all the help I had. I need to put quite a few points into Armour Lore Locolagerto because I have got a set item that needs level 60 and I am only level 47 at the moment. Very nearly finished off the Human Realm now. It is great doing a complete quest run and visiting the whole of the map because you get to see so much that you would not normally visit. Finding the hippopotamus was a gift from the devs after it took so long to get there LOL. Why is it called a hippopotamus when it looks like a sea horse to me? Maybe I need new glasses LOL.

Thanks again anyway, that's another boss defeated :huh:

Ah you found my favorite friend. The Hippocampus (not hippopotamus the animal) it is a little jewel our Devs with their very unique sense of humor had hidden away for only the explorers to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus from Wikipedia on what the name stands for.

GG on getting the Banshee down. it is one of the least hunted bosses in the whole game. mainly because of how far out of the way it is. But also because it is one nasty ghost to tangle with.

the Frenetic Fervor is a unique cast-able Buff. it has a long long cool down that can not be reduced. and it duration depends on the CA level. so this is one I recommend you read runes into, as many as you can. yes it will further extend the cooldown+regen time but its the duration your after. getting it to last for 25-35 seconds could mean lasting the length of a boss battle and it that means that your wait to use it again goes from 60s to 65s then that may be an acceptable trade off.

Ah you found my favorite friend. The Hippocampus (not hippopotamus the animal) it is a little jewel our Devs with their very unique sense of humor had hidden away for only the explorers to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus from Wikipedia on what the name stands for.

GG on getting the Banshee down. it is one of the least hunted bosses in the whole game. mainly because of how far out of the way it is. But also because it is one nasty ghost to tangle with.

the Frenetic Fervor is a unique cast-able Buff. it has a long long cool down that can not be reduced. and it duration depends on the CA level. so this is one I recommend you read runes into, as many as you can. yes it will further extend the cooldown+regen time but its the duration your after. getting it to last for 25-35 seconds could mean lasting the length of a boss battle and it that means that your wait to use it again goes from 60s to 65s then that may be an acceptable trade off.

Hey I never thought of that Locolagerto :) Thank you for the suggestion! Yes you're right, Frenetic Fervor will never go below 60 seconds so it would make sense to keep eating runes for it! LOL there was me thinking it was the hippopotamus! Hippocampus, very amusing! I've just been on the wiki site so understand what the devs mean now, very clever! I feel sorry for the poor guy all on his own. Think I will go back up there and keep him company when I have finally completed the Human Realm.

Yes it is great exploring in Sacred 2. There are so many amusing quests and characters to meet. I have played for 85 hours and only done 28% of the map! I shall probably still be playing when Sacred 3 is finally out LOL. Have you ever done a complete quest run and visited everywhere on the map in one run Locolagerto? It's so satisfying. One of the main reasons why I have never gone past Gold is because the map is highlighted everywhere you have been in previous runs and it's hard to work out what quests you have done before because there are so many. Actually is there a mod for pc version of Sacred 2 that defaults the map whenever you go to a higher difficulty? I would buy the pc version just for that actually.

What advice do you have for getting to Niob so you get to see exclusive quests on every run Locolagerto?

Cheers,

Edited by philr1

I have seen most of the map. (I still run across things I never saw before.) I typically explore a different part of the map on each run through. Elves on Silver, humans and Orcs on gold, etc. that way you have a new area to explore on each run through.

I have seen most of the map. (I still run across things I never saw before.) I typically explore a different part of the map on each run through. Elves on Silver, humans and Orcs on gold, etc. that way you have a new area to explore on each run through.

That's a good idea Locolagerto. I did do that initally with my Shadow Warrior. I completed virtually everything in the Elf Realm apart from visiting Sonnewind and the areas around it (well apart from when you teleport there with the infamous Blind Guardian quest!) and then just did the character and story quests. Hmm maybe I could continue with that toon after I finish with this run.

I come across a new area whilst exploring yesterday Locolagerto which was most bizarre. It's still in the Human Realm but looks like it belongs in the Swamp area. It's called something like Nagushes Nest but I have definitely got the first name wrong. Once you get there, the whole area gets highlighted as if you have visited a town but there is nothing there apart from a small cave at the back filled with t-mutated rats and bears! Whats that about then? Wonder if it is quest related?

Also defeated the Wild Boar, good God he was tough! Not as tough as The Banshee but the Wild Boar freezes you whenever he hits making killing him with a melee toon extremely problematic. Didn't even get any decent items either!

Am in the vicinity of Wargfels doing a few quests around there. What a great game! The merchant in that town has some great items for me. First time in ages I have been able to buy anything decent as well.

keep doing the quests in Warfgels and you will be led back to the nest. And a silly little reward at the end. Great fun.

LOL yes I just got the reward, the Jester's Hat! How come it's only the Shadow Warrior who can wear it, it's not fair! My inquisoter would look lovely in it, I'm sure!

I am wondering what kind of mindbending drugs these devs were on at the time! Village idiots who want to learn Kobold ettiquette, lonely Sea Horse called Hippocampus who does tricks, who lives near to a circus filled with undead zombies, helping out a rockband get their instruments back from the undead whose leader just happens to be their biggest fan and has all their albums, a little girl who asks an undead warrior with his skeleton warrior helper to find her teddy bear in Thylisium's sewer! If I carry on I will be sent to a mental asylum myself haha! Ascaron, you gotta love them :)

keep doing the quests in Warfgels and you will be led back to the nest. And a silly little reward at the end. Great fun.

LOL yes I just got the reward, the Jester's Hat! How come it's only the Shadow Warrior who can wear it, it's not fair! My inquisoter would look lovely in it, I'm sure!

I am wondering what kind of mindbending drugs these devs were on at the time! Village idiots who want to learn Kobold ettiquette, lonely Sea Horse called Hippocampus who does tricks, who lives near to a circus filled with undead zombies, helping out a rockband get their instruments back from the undead whose leader just happens to be their biggest fan and has all their albums, a little girl who asks an undead warrior with his skeleton warrior helper to find her teddy bear in Thylisium's sewer! If I carry on I will be sent to a mental asylum myself haha! Ascaron, you gotta love them :)

there is a hat for each character. but they sometimes drop at random. you can return in free play and run it over and over until you have the full McDonald's happy meal set. lol

lol I don't want to spoil anything for you but these types of treasures and quests exist throughout to entire game. let me know when you fall into the giant Dinosaur footprint on Dryad Isle.

I am wondering what kind of mindbending drugs these devs were on at the time! Village idiots who want to learn Kobold ettiquette, lonely Sea Horse called Hippocampus who does tricks, who lives near to a circus filled with undead zombies, helping out a rockband get their instruments back from the undead whose leader just happens to be their biggest fan and has all their albums, a little girl who asks an undead warrior with his skeleton warrior helper to find her teddy bear in Thylisium's sewer! If I carry on I will be sent to a mental asylum myself haha! Ascaron, you gotta love them :woot:

there is a hat for each character. but they sometimes drop at random. you can return in free play and run it over and over until you have the full McDonald's happy meal set. lol

lol I don't want to spoil anything for you but these types of treasures and quests exist throughout to entire game. let me know when you fall into the giant Dinosaur footprint on Dryad Isle.

LOL I will do Locolargerto! I am very near the end of the Human Realm now. Thought I was a couple of nights ago when I got to Wargfels but realised I still have a bit to go! I have just done that campaign quest where you go to a temple and the guy tells you to go in the Orc Realm to continue the story. I have got to do all the area to the West of that and I have finished the Human Realm. That is 100 hours with around 270 quest done and 30% of map completed! I am looking at around 300-400 hours to complete everything aren't I? Someone asked on another forum I use if Sacred 2 is worth the $7 they saw it for in a game store. $7 for a game with 6 different characters, dozens of builds each with a different character quest plus two different campaigns and over 500 quests in around 6 or 7 completely different regions? That's gotta be bargain of the century.

Anyway I'd better finish waffling on because I have got this topic to be completely off-topic! Anyone reading this will want to know why the topic is about The Banshee but we're talking about Jester's Hat will wonder whether we are completely insane like the devs are LOL.

Thanks for all your help Locolargerto. It's great chatting to a fellow Sacred 2 addict :D