What Inquisitor do you suggest which can easily kill Colossus?

joanofarc

Hi everybody.

Which is the best Deity to choose for an Inquisitor? I am new to Sacred 2 world, but I have played a level 90 Dwaft in platinum and a Level 60 Dark Elf in Gold in Sacred 1. I tried the Hybrid seraphim build, but she is sack, she could not get through Colossus at level 36 in silver. Colossus is awesome hard.

I might start with a Hybrid Inquisitor in single player with original discs. What do you suggest?

Could you offer other great Inquisitor guides which can be played solo (without able to swap item though the ,because lack of net) and able to get through Colossus which is an awesome opponent, at least in the original game (which I have) ?

Thx.

I got to admit that I never had any problem killing him with my Inquisitor. I just stood back while my Doppleganger attacked and kept shooting him with Levin Array from a safe distance, recasting Doppleganger when needed ( not the quickest of fights, but I took almost no damage). As regards a deity, I kind of like Forens (For a brief period, all damage taken will be reflected back to the attacker, who consequently harms himself.), I rarely used the God Power, but when I do this works very well for me.

Edited by podgie_bear
Hi everybody.

Which is the best Deity to choose for an Inquisitor? I am new to Sacred 2 world, but I have played a level 90 Dwaft in platinum and a Level 60 Dark Elf in Gold in Sacred 1. I tried the Hybrid seraphim build, but she is sack, she could not get through Colossus at level 36 in silver. Colossus is awesome hard.

I might start with a Hybrid Inquisitor in single player with original discs. What do you suggest?

Could you offer other great Inquisitor guides which can be played solo (without able to swap item though the ,because lack of net) and able to get through Colossus which is an awesome opponent, at least in the original game (which I have) ?

Thx.

I guess I have 2 answers to the Deity question: Ker, and Testa.

Ker's godspell will summon a demon who will attack your enemies for a short while, then eventually turns upon you. Luckily, the Inquisitor has Mortifying Pillory, which has a modification that causes your enemies to attack whichever opponent you cast Pillory on. So, when the Demon goes bad on you, you can use MP to get the Demon attacking the baddies again.

Testa's godspell is a magic-damage based spell. Purifying Chasitment buff has a modifier that gives +x% to magic damage. If you also choose the Divine Devotion spell, this makes for a very powerful godspell. The best, IMO.

Sorry to hear about your Colossus woes. It will make your (eventual) victory all that much sweeter. :)

In my opinion the most powerful inquisitors are hybrids, who sit on their spider, using a big polearm and do one killing death-blow sweap through a group of enemies which is bundled and pre-damaged by the black hole effect. Polearm on spider has a big range so it is able to hit a full group. Kill speed is better than the full caster approach versus groups.

For bosses, it is a hybrid, it has polearms, which can have x% life leech. If the doubleganger is created while holding a x% life leech weapon it will have this effect too.

I think this inquisitor is one of the actual fully working hybrid builds, indenpendent of classes.

Milka did a german guide in german sacred forum about this type of inquisitor. It is called the Vollstrecker (Executioner).

http://forum.sacred2.de/showthread.php?t=70391

His build looks like this:

1. Bargaining - needed to buy "damage x-x/+y all Skills" rings

2. Tactics Lore - weapon damage is most important

3. Polearms - will boost 'chance to hit more enemies' on certain polearms

4. Armor Lore

5. Gruesome Inquisition Focus - speed up weapon combat arts

6. Astute Supremacy Focus - reflecting buff, double ganger, this black hole thing

7. Constitution

8. Concentration

9. open - he did alchemy, longer laster mentor potions, better heal effects on potions and trophies to fill holes in defense. alchemy is a like it or hate it thing and demands some training to know the potion/trophy effects

10. Nefarious Netherworld focus

Hi everybody.

How do you manage to eat runes? It seems that the regeneraration time after eating each runes increase highlybut.

So if you just put 5 runes in a combat art the regeneration time is high. like 15 sec for a meteor shower (high elf). But it is true to every build.

I cannot easily swap good items through net, so with that way I cannot reduce regeneration time.

So if anybody could help how to manage my rune eating that would be great! THX

But there is still Bargaining to buy "the good stuff"! :(

You can try to buy gear with All Combat Arts, Aspect:Gruesome Inquisition(et al), or the individual combat art (ie Callous Execution +2, etc) to increase your CA levels with 1/2 the regeneration penalty of eating runes. You can also socket runes with the same effect (1/2 regen increase from socketing a rune rather than eating).

Also look at the regeneration time -X%, it will affect all your Combat Arts... but there is also Regeneration time:Gruesome Inquisition -X% (or other aspects) as well.

Use Regeneration per Hit if you are playing hybrid style with melee or ranged attacks to counteract high regen times from eating runes.

Even with the "buff-suit" trickery, I still don't eat runes until my characters are in the mid-levels (say 50-75), mostly.

Edited by essjayehm

Inquisitor flat out struggles against bosses..... Even though Gar has magical damage armor I would take testa and I would mod Purifying Chastisement buff for magic damage, crit, and damage gold mod....

If you are lucky enough to find a % LL polearm I'd use that. (or sword). Dual Wield is not the best against boss because %LL weapons rule! In silver a regular life leach weapon (just a number not a percent) is also good. Put a lava Chunk or a Poison Fang or an ice chunk into the polearm (etc).

Now a build I'll try to give some flex and just suggest what is needed..

Tactics- max

Armor- 5

Constitution-5

Gruesome Focus-9

Nefarious Underworld (or whatever) - 5

Polearm- max

If you were using wealth from other high up characters usually you put 1 pt in every skill but 4. That allows mastery of 4 skills by 78. But sounds like you are not using other characters wealth and I give you credit for that accomplishment! (A wealthy character would have a lot of +skills so they would have plenty of 'soft points' for those 1 pt 'hard pts') So I suggest how many points to put in things... Bargaining would be a must if you have gold from other characters, but sounds like you don't. With little gold bargaining doesn't kick in until later in the game than the human lands. Well you can usually buy a few pieces so it would still be good :sick:

Modify

Purifying Chastisement - magic damage, crit, all damage

Callous Execution- bleed, lacerate, judgement

Ok now hopefully you found something with deathblow is another secret!

Now cast Frenetic Furvor whenever it is available. If you are not using doppelganger as a buff then cast it whenever available and eat a lot of runes to doppelganger (if non buff eat runes). Eat about 5-15 runes on purifying chastisement depending on your recharge.

Next spam Callous Execution and not sure how console works but PC (personal computer) you can hold button and it alternates non-combat art attacks when on cooldown.

If you get damaged to 3/4 of your life left and he is having trouble hurting you don't drink a life potion. Cast your (Testa) Godspell now and Purifying Chastisement enraged damage and mods will do a lot of damage to him. Get ready to potion if he is hitting your life down fast below 1/2.

The Nefarious Underworld is for when you are damaged. Have a combo of Inexorible Subjugation (2 damage mods) with Callous Execution. This will lock the boss in place while your enraged damage is rocking him. This doesn't work anymore with Ice and Blood on PC (nerf) Use that combo on mobs to create an army.

Edited by claudius

Didn't have *too* much trouble with him on silver at mid20ish (ps3 version) with a pure caster Inquisitor.

Modded PC for mystic and crits, had tactics lore around 6 (to get the points for PC mods). My pure caster Inqs don't take any or use any Gruesome skills/ARTs (other than PC, be stupid not to) :oooo: ...

Inexorable Subjugation was modded with effort.

Dislodge spirit was modded for the +ice and DoT, no last mod.

First attempt at GarColossus, Subjugation was hitting for 2,2,2,2,... and DS in combo wasn't doing enough to fix the situation. I'd die of old age before he fell, so I teleported out and swapped +%magic gear for as much +spell intensity gear as I could get, and pumped more points into Nefarious lore and combat discipline for the +damage. Few levels later I came back and IS+DS in combo kept GarCol perma-stunned and did a constant stream of 10,10,10,50-60(DS)10,10,10,10,10... (keep in mind the stream of numbers was CONSTANT) while his shield lasted, then maybe doubled when it was down. He didn't land one hit, just stood there stunned for 3-5 minutes while his health dropped. IS and DS were at only 1 rune eaten. Did not have very good gear withRegen times were very low for chain cast with combat disc and netherfocus and gear -regen times.

I abandoned character when Mists of Miasma at half-health cast that nasty DoT (what the hell is that spell lol) on him just as I went to pop an IS on a zombie and didn't drink a potion in time I guess = DEAD Inquisitor. :cry:

Rebuilding the pure caster now, fixing some flaws that were in that build. Also have some armor that has "convert %dmg into Ice" though have no idea if will work with spells.

Edit: also I think the sacred2 wiki entry for PC needs to be fixed it may make a new player skip using PC (I did, till after a few characters and I saw how super it was) when in fact it is incredibly useful for the mods even if you aren't taking damage. Its like having +18% magic dmg (plus more if you get hurt) AND a level 75 tactics lore crit bonus (minus the +dmg) bonus AND a level 75 toughness damage reduction (minus the armor bonus) for 9 points on a 1 rune spell invested in gruesome or tactics lore. Free money IMO.

Edited by btriex
  • 1 month later...

For the Gar Colossus I find that I encouter more problem with my melee Build than my ranged ones.

With my ranged ones I can simply shoot and stun him from the platform while swallowing few potions. The startle mod for CE is convenient :)

For my melee build I usually kill him with a blend of IS+CE and IS+DS combos.

That german guide has some cool video links, I never realised the CA range would be so huge on ruthless mutilation from the spider.. when you use it on foot you have to be close enough to poke the enemy in the eye with your elbow.. even with a polearm.

Also I wish I could replace the voicefiles of my inquisitor to the german ones.. he sounds positively evil and just as full of fanatic zeal as you would expect from an inquisitor.

By comparison the english voice just sounds tired and full of contempt.

Oh and for the OP:

killing garColossus is much easier with a weapon socketed to do a type of damage he has no armor against. (or the obvious lifeleech polearm)

• 4 weeks later...

Reflect (Forens) is good for any character. I agree with others that Testa is the way to go. Combat Discipline + Purifying Chastisement with the bronze mod set for magic rather than fire damage.

On the 1 weapon vs two weapon argument. You get more slots with two weapons, so even though there is no % lifeleech (which I agree is pretty great), I think the amount of damage a well planned inquisitor can dish out is impressive.