Increasing Character speed

Gumby

There used to be a step by step desciption on how to do this for each of the characters but for some reason that post has been lost in time, so I am asking if anyone has a copy of the method that was posted or knows how it's done to please post it for me (and others).

Thanks

Open scripts\shared\creatureinfo.txt

search for: (don't include the names of the classes)

type = 1, (seraphim)

type = 2, (dryad)

type = 3, (shadowwarrior)

type = 4, (inquisitor)

type = 5, (highelf)

type = 6, (templeguardian)

type = 7, (dragonmage)

And change their runSpeed. I'm currently using 400 for all of them. You could also change their walkSpeed if you wanted, but I didn't, since they don't walk that much.

I hope this helps.

Open scripts\shared\creatureinfo.txt

search for: (don't include the names of the classes)

type = 1, (seraphim)

type = 2, (dryad)

type = 3, (shadowwarrior)

type = 4, (inquisitor)

type = 5, (highelf)

type = 6, (templeguardian)

type = 7, (dragonmage)

And change their runSpeed. I'm currently using 400 for all of them. You could also change their walkSpeed if you wanted, but I didn't, since they don't walk that much.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help.

I couldn't find any of them if I didn't include all the space between the type and the = #, had to be exactally as it shows the first one in the text file

(type {9 empty spaces here} = 1,) after that it was easy to do. I'll see how it goes in the game when I get into it in a minute.

The last time I say a posting on how to get this done you have to find the Hero creature number then open a different text file match that number and get another number from that then finaly go to the creature file (I think) it was a 4 or 5 step process. Where as yours seems much easier.

Edited by Gumby
  • Thanks! 1

You're welcome.

I hadn't noticed that the forum removed most of the spaces between type and =, because I had copied it straight from the file, so it should have included them.

The earlier one was done in a longer way, mainly so people could work out how to get the type value in case something changed/was added, like the dragonmage. Obviously, that's not going to happen again now, so I did it the quicker way.

• Thanks! 1

You're welcome.

I hadn't noticed that the forum removed most of the spaces between type and =, because I had copied it straight from the file, so it should have included them.

The earlier one was done in a longer way, mainly so people could work out how to get the type value in case something changed/was added, like the dragonmage. Obviously, that's not going to happen again now, so I did it the quicker way.

You might try using code tags. That should preserve your spacing.

This method was simple and worked fantastic!

Only problem now is that it seems to outrun the game in that it sometimes studders or freezes for a split second in order to display the land, buildings, people...etc.

But that I can live with :woot: