Sacred 2 - Closed Net Final Going Away Party!

Had such a good time even though I managed to kill 2 of my toons :butcher:

One died from the Grunwald dragon when he decided to reflect all my damage and the other died from a full on Gust of Wind in the face from the Abashi :3lmao:

Thanks to all that played and made it a good send-off party.

Here are some pics from the last week. My dead Dragon Mage can be seen lying on his back in the first few pics :4rofl:

big_0047.jpg

big_0046.jpg

big_0045.jpg

big_0044.jpg

big_0043.jpg

big_0041.jpg

big_0040.jpg

big_0039.jpg

big_0037.jpg

big_0035.jpg

big_0033.jpg

big_0032.jpg

big_0029.jpg

big_0028.jpg

big_0025.jpg

big_0024.jpg

big_0022.jpg

big_0020.jpg

big_0015.jpg

Met up with a few guys tonight.

Saw Dobster lose a TG to the Grundwald Dragon.

And Gogo and I messed around a bit in PVP. I swear it was Gogo's idea......RIP Gogoblender Sun

sac3fa-20120331-210127.png

sac3fa-20120331-201920.png

heheh, that canon can packs it huh

:oooo:

gogo

Nice Dobster! Fear not, your DM and TG have some company. You can see the remains of my Dryad in the foreground of my pic showing the dead Grunwald Dragon.

Are the servers still up? I can drop in a toon, but I'm going out for brunch if you guys want it for levels

:)

gogo

I tried to login a few minutes ago, and they were still up.

Max

I will be good to go in a few hours. Have some errands to run in town before work starts again tomorrow.

Looks like I missed a great day yesterday. Glad to see you guys had a blast!

If servers are up still in a few hours, I'll be there.

I remain, :paladin:

True. I have a single 110 Seraphim left. I did not have a lot of characters to start with and the past week of reckless play took its toll. Hopefully I should be there within a hour.

Currently have an AFK server open in Plat. with Nemesis.

Will be back to grind some after a few hours. Need to take care of real-life business first.

See you all soon, if the servers are open still.

I remain, :bye:

True. I have a single 110 Seraphim left. I did not have a lot of characters to start with and the past week of reckless play took its toll. Hopefully I should be there within a hour.

I didn't mean anything bad by that mate, just wanted you to be able to join. :drunkards:

Just having roast dinner and should be on within the hour :)

Dobster will likely be sharing higher resolution pics laters, but in the meantime he are my pics from the 2nd final day in Ancaria.

19ts8z.jpg

5a5dux.jpg

11r954z.jpg

qqpo3b.jpg

347i3dj.jpg

nfm8mr.jpg

2prxk4j.jpg

3520hzd.jpg

35iw0fd.jpg

So, according to these news (http://www.sacred2.c...uer_Anfang.html), online servers are being closed... (actually I can't connect today).

Will this be definitive? How upset I feel :(

Edit: thx for moving. More adecuate to be here, definitely. I meant I know this is definitive, but this means no multiplayer at all... which is really upseting.

Edited by Zeno

No worries with the move of post Zeno. Yeah it was sad news for us when the news was posted. We have a great bunch of players, and Lujate spear headed this massive going away part with authentic mexican party-favors, fresh cut cheese and complimentary rare-beer shots.

k, there weren't any rare-beer shots, but the playing was awesome!

:bounce:

gogo

I need to stop looking at all the pics in this thread, getting a bit choked up :cry:

So many good memories from Sacred 2.

I've said it lots in the last few weeks but I can't stop thinking what could have been if Ascaron didn't go bust.

S1 was a bug fest in the first year but with patches turned into one of the best arpg's ever.

If only the devs had the time and money to truly finish Sacred 2, then I'm sure it would have surpassed S1.

Looking forward to S3, hopefully it will go back to it's roots but not lose any of it's charm.

RIP Sacred 2

I guess it is official, I can not connect to the lobby of Closed Net or Open Net. Thanks to everyone for all the awesome adventures and the great stories that came from them. Let's hope D3 or GW2 offers some of the magic that Sacred 2 Closed Net did.

Cheers to everybody.

locolagarto

p.s. anybody got a good recipe for Closed Net withdrawal?

Right before I logged off last night around 10pm US CDT (GMT -5), I said goodbye and snapped one final pic.

24qlqqh.jpg

That actually got me 'choked up'. Just got a hard ball 'tightness' in my throat.

Showed my wife this last page. She now feels bad for pulling me off early yesterday, while lujate & I where running the Northland Expedition Chain.

Thank You! to everyone for wonderful memories & fantastic adventures.

RiP Sacred 2 MP.

I remain, :twitch: