Good or Bad Toon setup

Hello I would like to know weather this setup would get me through 100% off the game.

1.Combat Discipline

2.Dual wield

3.Sword weapons

4.Tactic lore

5.Death warrior focus

6.Concentration

7.Armor lore

8.Constitution

9.Toughness

10.Speed lore

im will to change a few have been put in already 5 or so bu its a SW as well Thanks

Edited by Soulcry

What Combat Arts/Buffs are you planning on using? Knowing those will help out in suggesting skills that will be the most useful.

Even without that all my Shadow Warriors never used Combat Discipline...found it wasn't necessary...same with Speed Lore

Also if you're going with Dual Wield I wouldn't take Sword Lore...they don't stack and investing in Sword Lore just to unlock sword mods was a waste of points IMHO

If you want an indestructible SW I would suggest using Grim Resilience and Reflective Emanation....and have them at high levels...In Platinum I let a dragon hit me without fighting back and RE killed it in maybe 5 minutes...I might have drank 2-3 health pots the entire time.

Yes I would take Malevolent Champion Focus instead. I primarily used Death Blow and Frenzied Rampage as primary attacks. I kept socketing 'regen per hit' mods so I could pump the Combat Arts and still have them regen completely during ca animation.

Really all I could think of saying is that a list of skills doesn't get you thru the game. They are important, yes, but which skills you master, combined with a good gear setup and knowledge of the game gets you to the end of Niob difficulty withot dying. Maybe I'm reading too much into the question, but I assumed the OP meant a "hardcore" playthough...

But I definitely agree with Knuckles' posts... drop CD and Speed Lore, and one of Dual Wield or Swords. Get MC Focus and EP for sure. The last slot really won't affect your survivability or killspeed, so whatever floats your boat there. Riding to make bossrunning faster, Astral Lord Focus for a utility combat art (Shadow Veil for emergency disappearing acts, or Rallied Souls for summoning fun, yada yada.)

Happy Hunting!

im not truly a hardcore player butt I have ryed my hand at I in my D2 days and TL runs. never could get fair cuz im he run in and try to take out mobs at a time. I mainly like tanks. right now even ho im a level 23 in bronze io dont lose a once of health on bosses ect. so I tryed for a normal but fast killer. I would go with a caster but can never kept regan down enuf to spam

Ah, I see. Level 23 in Bronze... if you're not having any issues with bosses, I suggest moving up to Silver... unless you are going for your class-quest Legedary item... then just beeline that quest, grab your item and get out of Bronze. There are a few reasons:

Finishing it doesn't unlock Gold difficulty, only finishing Silver...

Getting set and unique pieces in Bronze is not great, as they will have reduced stats, compared to getting them in Silver...

You hit (maximum) level caps very easily in Bronze... when the circles under the enemies are green or white, you are not getting very good experience or drops (level of drops are tied to the enemy level)...

And other reasons that I am probably forgetting about... the only reason I played in Bronze was for starting a toon, up to level 12 or so to get some health potions and runes for my combat arts.

It is a touch tougher to spam Combat Arts with caster-types... but not really much harder with the awesome power of the allskills on the console. RpH does make spamming very easy, I do admit :)

right I only did bronze for the level boost so I had more health and of course the achevemnt sorry im a horrible speller

Don't worry, we don't take points off for spelling :P

right I only did bronze for the level boost so I had more health and of course the achevemnt sorry im a horrible speller

Yeah... I forget about the achievement crap. Actually, the Bronze difficluty is for getting the no buying, no dying and less than x% of map explored all in one playthrough, IMO.... but maybe not with your first toon. Maybe not :D

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure why you would want to drop CD... It only adds thousands of dmg to your CAs.. And you don't need astral for for the disappearing acts.. That's why you RE buff is for.. Or if you like astral lord.. Use it.

I would drop dual wield for shield lore. Whatever happened to a warrior with a sword and shield.. I mean shield lore mastery is great.. And if you drop speed lore for combat reflexes you wouldn't be getting hit very much. I have a lv5 SW that's going to be setup for sword/shield and use only the death warrior aspect.. I've looked at a lot of the SW builds here most of them are dual wield or two handed or astral. Maybe you would like to have a toon setup like this.

ATTRIBUTES

•All attribute points in STR for attack values and dmg output.

SKILLS

•Sword Weapons

•Death Warrior Focus

•Tactics Lore

•Armor Lore

•Shield Lore

•Combat Reflexes

•Constitution

•Toughness

•Combat Discipline

• if you want 2 buffs take concentration.. If you want to mod things like Aug guidom and killing spree faster take Malevolant champ focus.. Regen times won't be a problem with reg per hit.

I only eat 1 rune on all my CAs except for buffs I keep them to level with their corresponding focus skill.. Taking concentration for the last skill choice would probably be better in the long run.. Invade you want to run around with a 2handed sword the RE buff being would help when your shield is down..

Fuzznug, I have some critism here...

Sorry, but eating runes into your buffs is wrong, as the best use is to use a setup to pre-cast your buffs... then taking off your buffsuit and putting on your adventuring suit before heading out into the Ancarian wilds.

In fact, it is almost exactly the opposite of what you said, as I eventually have to eat runes into my attack-Combat Arts to make the regen longer than the animation time, with the buffsuit trick. With some toons, this happens as early as level 20.

Combat Dicipline is awful for a Shadow Warrior. One point only, if you really prefer to have 3-CA combos, but the damage increase is pathetic. CD's bonus damage only applies to a very small portion of weapon-combat arts... which you are strictly using! If you were a Skeletal Fortification user, I see good returns for your damage, but not for any other SW combat art.

I like your sword&board idea... it will be a very solid toon for Niobium, although you would be better off with Concentration and MC Focus instead of Combat Reflexes and Combat Discipline.

Just my .02

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I use CD on an Astral SW, when my guy is invisible and minions and towers do all my damage - as essjayhem said. I find that if using DW and MC builds, it better for me to pump tactics lore harder and take an extra defensive skill - Constitution or Toughness is what I usually go for tbh.

Yes, the dmg from CD is there, but with rph its not really worth the pick imho.