A little challenge - no damage character

Anyone ever played a character which:

Step 1:

hasn't taken a damage skill: like magical lore, tactic lore, combat discipline or ancient magic

Step 2:

isn't wearing any armour/jewellry with x% damage or x-x damage

I found an old dryad on a backup which was skilled without damage skills but played not too bad, at least in silver. Now I wonder if I can add step 2.

If you would start a new character which class would you choose, which skills and which combat arts.

• Like! 1

I'm contemplating a TG with untouchable force, T-Energy Shroud and the combat alert buff once that can be turned into a buff. Except he'd almost have to take tactics to get the best advantage of of Devout Guardian damage for the shroud.

I was thinking about trying an all General Skills build with this one. I think that would be a real challenge to play past Silver though.

I would think a toon dual-wielding and with the %LL modifier may be an idea. Without damage multipliers, killing will take longer, and obviously, more defence is needed.

Seraphim? Thinking this may be one of the best ones although Hallowed Restoration needs Celestial Lore to really shine IIRC. But you get a shield (or 2) and possibly Instill Belief to recruit the champions while you kill the lesser mobs.

Interesting question, I am interested to hear the answer :)

My dryad is currently level 43 and I run into big problems. No nature focus taking and fighting scorpions. Too much sockets needed for reducing damage over time.

Using the detheya set from kungfu dryads and a blow pipe. Having a spectral minotaur as companion to bind enemies. Voodoo totem is not too bad if you choose the right heads before combat.

I will probably take all three aspect foci and use all 3 buffs. Without a lore there is room to boost concentration. So I have higher ca-levels to counter the missing lores a bit.

I still think that the dryad is not best for this.

I took this god boosting skill. I want to unlock bargaining because I think I will need carefully chosen equipment when reaching platinum.

I had same idea. I used ranged weapon for unlocking magic staff. But to use it I should have nature focus for the barkskin first. Else it is like hundreds of angry enemies approching from all sides and having no defense. While the normals can be killed with 3 hits - there are like 5 champions whch survived and surround me. I delayed using the staff till level 50 when I can modify barkskin. I should have used a different skill order I think.

A big problem for mage-like characters:

Spells have only base damage.

Weapon combat arts normally have x% damage and a base_damage multiplier. So in case iof the weapon attacks you can get quite high x% damage by boosting the CA-level and use reg per hit to counter this.