Sign in to follow this  
gogoblender

Sacred 3 Review - Zero Punctuation - nothing is Sacred

SX255    628

SX255 block reaches 90% at higher levels,have you tried that? It makes boss fights literally nothing

What?

I didn't buy Sacred 3, and don't intend to any time soon.

Ironwill    134

you said legendary dodge-roll,it is a defensive active ability in s3,you can also block too but never mind

• Like 2

SX255    628

:xmastree:

Yay!

Sacred 3 won Yahtzees Worst game of the year spot!

Spot number 5 out of 5, but a spot non the less.

P.S. Though I don't agree with Thief being on the list, primarily because I'm about to play it.

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,464

hahahahah

this makes me laugh, grin and kinda crow with a justice well-served brand of cackle

:)

gogo

• Like 1

Mystix123    59

That seems like a fitting place for Sacred 3. It wasn't the worst of the worst, but it deserves a spot on that list. Granted, I have no intentions of wasting time on either Sacred 3 or Lightning Returns (even if I'm paid to play either game), so I won't ever be able to judge which was actually worse.

However, I'd argue that the conditions around its release set a new low, simply because I can't think of another company who has pulled something as shameful as their "Quick! Release it before the press embargo is lifted!" tactic. A tactic which reeks of "We expect our game to fail".

Granted, the community gave them fair warning...short of a billboard outside of their office with "Change course now!" in giant red letters.

Edited by Mystix123
  • Like 2

SX255    628

P.S. Though I don't agree with Thief being on the list, primarily because I'm about to play it.

Just beat Thief 4, and it’s OK. Basically, it’s Thief 3 with a different story and a graphics detail update.

While having valid points about the flaws in the game, Yahtzee is completely bias when it comes to the Thief series. No way does Thief 4 qualify for any top 5 worst games list of the year, especially not number 1.

Nighthawk    15

@SX255

quote yajtzee: "...the worst game needn't necessarily be the most objectivly badly made or frustrating one, but the game with the worst intentions. ..."

ok, so it's like thief 3... I think the point he tried to make is, that it isn't like thief 1...

I never played any games of that series, not my kind of genre, but I've watched this dude for over 6 years now, and if there is a complaint to be made, I value his opinion.

The same goes for sim city (5) for example. not really the worst game ever made, but to me personally a load of "you know what" simply because there's not enough of the old sim city left.

• Like 1