Quick one: Lorgar's Mighty Two Hander vs. Duel Wielding

Hi

I have been lurking in some of these forums without actually joining for while. So I am still somewhat new.

I would REALLY appreciate views/thoughts on this matter:

I am still playing Sacred 1 (the Gold edition with Underworld). I have more or less followed Rooster's Gladiator guide - which implies using Duel Wielding with no other weapons mastery. But now I have picked up Logar's Mighty Hander in Platinum (my Glad is level 107).

Even without Sword Lore my attack% and damage is MUCH higher for Lorgar's Two Hander than any Duel Wielding configuration that I can manage. I simply cannot find weapons to Duel Wield that provide a higher attack% along with decent damange. So my question is: did I make a huge mistake by not taking Sword Lore. More specifically, would my Glad have been significantly more effective with Sword Lore.

In Duel Wield, I put out 118 200 damage at 3500 attack. But Lorgar gives me 164 000 damage at 3700 attack.

I would really appreciate feedback on whether Sword Lore would have made a huge difference.

Thanks

• Like! 1

wasn't dual wield buggy in Sacred1, was it?

something like, you don't get double damage from the second weapon and the bonus won't work?

Maybe. I have searched previous forums to glean some clarity, but with no luck.

I am loathe to restart a Glad just now just to replace DW with Sworld Lore if it is not going to make a major difference.

Hi

I have been lurking in some of these forums without actually joining for while. So I am still somewhat new.

I would REALLY appreciate views/thoughts on this matter:

I am still playing Sacred 1 (the Gold edition with Underworld). I have more or less followed Rooster's Gladiator guide - which implies using Duel Wielding with no other weapons mastery. But now I have picked up Logar's Mighty Hander in Platinum (my Glad is level 107).

Even without Sword Lore my attack% and damage is MUCH higher for Lorgar's Two Hander than any Duel Wielding configuration that I can manage. I simply cannot find weapons to Duel Wield that provide a higher attack% along with decent damange. So my question is: did I make a huge mistake by not taking Sword Lore. More specifically, would my Glad have been significantly more effective with Sword Lore.

In Duel Wield, I put out 118 200 damage at 3500 attack. But Lorgar gives me 164 000 damage at 3700 attack.

I would really appreciate feedback on whether Sword Lore would have made a huge difference.

Thanks

It's great having you here on the boards Welcheren

We're the one of the oldest communities for Sacred 2 goodness in the net universe, and our community is knowledgable and all good cooks^^

Oh yeah, they know lotsa stuff about Sacred as well

Glad Dorimil was able to offer some advice, no doubt others will help out as well

A joyous Welcome to DarkMatters!!

:)

gogo

Wow.

Thanks Flix. If this works I will be VERY happy indeed. I'll exchange Duel Wielding for Sword Lore as soon as I get the chance (presently at work).

:bow:

Really hope it works.

Edited by Welcheren