Blade and Soul

Anyone else playing Blade and Soul (hereby "BnS") these days?
I've been jumping between BnS, The Division and Sacred 2, though most of my gaming time (however little) is spent with BnS...mainly because I have it on my laptop (so I can play it wherever I happen to be). I use a PS4 controller (with InputMapper) and it plays really smoothly.

• Like! 1

What class(es) did you play as?

Almost all Bladedancer. I started a Forcemaster, but didn't make it out of the tutorial.

BnS just got monotonous fast. Also, it seemed to have a slight flicker on my laptop that got annoying. If I could solve the flicker, maybe another class would fit me better.

Anyone else playing Blade and Soul (hereby "BnS") these days?

I've been jumping between BnS, The Division and Sacred 2, though most of my gaming time (however little) is spent with BnS...mainly because I have it on my laptop (so I can play it wherever I happen to be). I use a PS4 controller (with InputMapper) and it plays really smoothly.

Not yet, but great seeing you here on the boards Mystix!

I'll check the trailer though to see what this game's about

:)

gogo

Lujate: I know the feeling. I started a Warlock with some friends, and I found the lower levels very limited. Playstyles aren't fully realized until 25-30 (when you have a sufficient amount of mod points for your skills, which can alter them drastically...very similar to Sacred 2, but you have to wait a little bit longer to create a build that suits your playstyle).

I play a Blade Master as my main (tank), and it plays similar to the first Devil May Cry (only with more options for animation cancelling, which were around in DMC also, but not as many options). I abandoned my Force Master pretty early on too, because it just wasn't as exciting as the close-combat. I recently created a new one though, as I've come across some Force Masters who were great at tanking (which you're not supposed to do with a Force Master), so I'm going to give that a shot.

The flicker on your laptop...I'm not sure what could be causing that. Wild guess that it's something between BnS and your graphics card. It may have been addressed with some of the new patches though.

Gogo: It's 3D, but done in a Korean animation style. I can see where the trailer gives the impression of a mix of 2D and 3D, but it's purely a 3D action game.

It plays well online, assuming you have a stable connection. The NA servers are in Texas. I'm using TekSavvy (on Bell's DSL network) and have very little lag in most areas.

Edited by Mystix123

I have similar graphics issues with Grim Dawn, but Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy 14 run fine. There's no harm in trying again, so I'll apply the latest BnS updates and see what happens.

Regarding network latency (e.g. lag), there were people in the US playing in the Tiwann servers before the western release, so you can play with a certain amount of latency. Some classes just suffer more.