Test: Does anyone here have Dialup?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys

we're trying to run a test here on how fast this forum reads for dialup users.

While I"m trying to dust off my dialup access here I was wondering if anyone here has dialup and could check out our site and report back to us.

We just want a comparison between the viewing experience on broad band v.s. dialup.

Thanks

:bow:

gogo

I was viewing the Board on Dial-up (40K) over the weekend and it was passable. Some of the graphics took a bit to load, but nothing worse than I expect from dial-up in the first place.

Guest gogoblender

ahh, interesting.

Ike, can you please tell us which graphics?

WAs it members sigs?

Or the forum itself?

Background, darkmatters logo or something like that?

Thanks!

:bow:

gogo

p.s. by passable, do you mean that somone with dialup won't get too piffed off with coming to visit darkmatters?

We've run polls here and as we understand it, everyone here accessing this site is using broadband.

Stilll...it's good to know how fast our access is to those that don't have it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I recall the background and a couple of the starting-page images (like the D.a.r.k. logo) taking a while, but if you are used to dialin' up, you are used to pages taking a while to load. :bow:

Given the choice, I would use broadband :BlobRed: but the site was useable on dial-up.

I have recently accessed the forum on dailup..and I was pleasently suprised at the speed it all loaded..

I will logon shortly with dialup and clear my cache etc and do some tests.. **watch this space*** LOL

Guest gogoblender

Guys thank you so much for the feedback on this.

I"m currently having a ...terse...discussion on another forum I post on and we're all talking about sigs in forums and whether or not they have a place.

It kinda got me thinkin about how fast our forum reads.

Ike, Anestty, thanks so much for the input.

And anestty...we are standing by fer the testing!

:sigh:

gogo