Just thought that this'd be cool to find out more about people, and see what they have in common. (If this has already been done, someone please point me in the right direction and delete este topic! por favor =P)

The idea: Post whatever your favorite anything is (the first thing that comes to mind). if something comes to mind, write it down... I'm just rambling about my favorite whatevers below, but if one has a topic that I didn't cover, go for it, write it down.

The objective: For people to learn more about each other (and for people to learn more about themselves =P). People who know about each other make connections that they didn't realize they had and it makes it easier to communicate with that person... and everyone knows its nice to have people to talk to, right? Hope y'all enjoy this little 'exercise' and learn something about someone that you didn't know before.

Cheers!

Favorite movie(s): Star Wars trilogy/ any bruce willis movie

Favorite Characters from those movies: Boba Fett (the one in Mandalore Armor, not the little kid one...) and John McLane of Die Hard quadrilogy:)

Favorite Author: Tom Clancy

Favorite Book By Author: The Hunt For Red October

Favorite Comic Book: The Crow series

Favorite Video Game (pre- windows XP): Either Age Of Empires, or Age of Empires 2... or Knights of the sky (From DOS), or Red Baron (another DOS goodie)

Favorite "new" video game (and by new I mean after the abovementioned games):

Favorite toy when growing up: I'm gonna have to go with the Boba Fett action figure... he was soooooo cool!

Favorite car: Porsche GT3 Twin Turbo (any year)

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite Animal: German Shepherd (more generally speaking, dogs... I have a BEAUTIFUL Australian Shepherd =P, but I really want a german shepherd or dobermann)

Favorite Saying: "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Favorite food: ATM it's prolly fettucini alfredo

Favorite Pastime: Going to the shooting range with my dad. (He's my coach, he's a retired USAF Sharpshooter, and I am involved in a shooting tournament in Colorado next July, VERY PSYCHED! My police agency opted to send me to represent cadets from my county =D)

Favorite instrument: Drums (but a guitar comes in a very close second.)

Favorite brand of abovementioned instrument: Gretsch (Currently playing on a "homemade" kit, 2 Gretsch Blackhawk EXs combined into a "superkit" [like the 80s hair metal bands played on])

Favorite Band: Pearl Jam

Favorite Song: Given To Fly - Pearl Jam

Favorite Sacred Character: Dark Elf

Favorite Combat Art: Explosive Charge

Well thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope y'all learned a little more about me (prolly more than most of you wanted to know)... hehe :4rofl: have fun all!

-Total

I'll be unoriginal and use your list....Well some of it....

Favorite movie(s): Lord of the rings

Favorite Characters from those movies: Aragon

Favorite Author: Terry Brooks

Favorite Book By Author: Elf stones of Shannara

Favorite Video Game (pre- windows XP): Ultima 7.5 or Crusader: No Remorse

Favorite "new" video game (and by new I mean after the abovementioned games):Sacred

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite food: Soto Batawi

Favorite Pastime: Writing

Favorite Band: Maroon 5

Favorite Song: 3am Anna Nalik

Favorite Sacred Character: now Woodelf

Favorite Combat Art: Spider Arrow

• 2 weeks later...

-Favorite movie(s): The Lord of the Rings

-Favorite Characters from that movie: Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, Elrond, Gimli etc…

-Favorite Video Game (pre- windows XP): The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Sacred

-Favorite toy when growing up: haha maybe my Computer

-Favorite Color: Black

-Favorite Animal: Dog, ferret,

-Favorite Saying: No team without a Barbarian. But no team with a Barbarian!

-Favorite food: Gyros (wanted to write the rosted grandma but it is too morbid :P) :o:lol:

-Favorite instrument: Electric Guitar and maybe drums

-Favorite band: Korpiklaani, Blind Guardian, Therion, Ensiferum etc…

-Favorite Song: Beer beer from Korpiklaani

-Favorite Sacred Character: Dark Elf

-Favorite Combat Art(s): Poison Mist and Greed

-Favorite drink: beer :bow::4rofl:

I hope now you will know more about me.

~Tomi

• 5 years later...

My favorite thing is having people try to sell me fake jewelry. An example of this is yesterday. My fiance was picking up an outfit at a scrub store (she's an LPN) and the clerk saw me looking at a breast cancer pin, and she told me that the gems covering it were Swarski, "the most sought after gem in the crystal world". She even said that Swarski is considered the diamond of the quartz world. So, I tried to keep a straight face for a few minutes, then asked her if she was a gemologist. When she told me she "knew a thing or two about gems", I couldn't keep it together any more. I told her that I hoped she was lying to me, because her info was all fubarred. There is no such thing as a "Swarski" crystal, what she ment was Swarovski, and Swarovski is not the diamond of the quartz world, it's more like the cubic zirconia of the quartz world. Swarovski crystals are fake, they're what you'd call a lead crystal. Swarovski takes quartz powder, mixes it with lead and minerals, heats it, then cuts it. I mean, for craps sake, why do you think you can buy Swarovski earrings for $15? Real quartz and gemstonesis more expensive than that. The only thing cool about Swarovski crystals is the cutting procedure. In the late 1800s, Daniel Swarovski invented a revoultionary cutting and polishing technique that the family keeps secret. THAT is what's sought after, not the lead crystal they sell. Anyway, this is great fun for me, as well as quite comical; a novice trying to sell a gemologist a "Swarski" crystal.