Mythos update

I received this in the mail the other day.

I know a couple of us are interested in this game so I thought I would post it in here case you didn't receive the news :4rofl:

Valued Mythos testers,

Has it been a while since you've played the ongoing Mythos closed beta test? Are you ready to experience a whole new type of online action RPG?

If you answered yes to either question, you'll be happy to know we've completely rebuilt our free MMORPG from the ground up to be more expansive, cohesive, and seamless. We're calling this revamp the Mythos Overworld. As one of our valued testers, you can play in Mythos' Overworld it right now.

Previously, Mythos' dungeons and monsters were instanced off safe towns. The towns are still safe, but the world around them has grown to be more like that of a conventional MMORPG. Now players of Mythos can actually explore a fully realized persistent world, meeting and adventuring with other people outside town.

All this is available right now on our Mythos Test Center. It's still in development, but if you'd like to try it out early, all you have to do is start up Mythos and select "Mythos Test Center" from the login screen's dropdown menu.

If you need to download the Mythos client again, just head to www.mythos.com, login with your account name and password, and download the client in our designated downloads section.

Hope to see you online this weekend!

-- Flagship Studios

I will be trying it out today :)

stubbs

I'm already on the EU version and it looks good guys. Only problem is that I don't know anyone else who is on there at the moment, but if any of you happen to see a small Gremlin calling himself Podgie running around the countryside looking for something to shoot with a large Rifle :) or even shooting everyone and everything with twin pistols (thinks he's Clint Eastwood) :o , then say Hi.

ps You may have to kick me to get my attention as I sometimes forget to look at who is chatting. ;)

Edited by podgie_bear
ps You may have to kick me to get my attention as I sometimes forget to look at who is chatting. :)

I have a big foot matey so look out :o

I'll keep my eyes open for you ;)

edit: I tried adding Podgie to my friends list but it said that the nick didn't exist ;)

stubbs

Edited by stubbie
... You may have to kick me to get my attention as I sometimes forget to look at who is chatting.

The first thing I do when I join a game is turn off all the chat channels and switch to Local. I find the constant "chatter" annoying.

If you will post a name we can use to add you to our friends list, I will add you to mine. I don't know when I will be playing next or I'd give you mine. I'm in the midst of another big project right now.

Sounds very interesting stubbs. Thank you for the info there. It's certainly peaked my interest. I wonder if there are any videos showing the changes... I'll have to go look for that. It really was a fun lil game.

If you will post a name we can use to add you to our friends list, I will add you to mine. I don't know when I will be playing next or I'd give you mine. I'm in the midst of another big project right now.

I play as 'podgiebear' and my toons are usually called Podgie or Podgie Bear (sometimes Grouchy Bear)

Stubby ....I've heard that there are seperate servers for different parts of the world, so don't know if we can all find each other.

I play as 'podgiebear' and my toons are usually called Podgie or Podgie Bear (sometimes Grouchy Bear)

Thanks, I will add you next time I'm on.

...I've heard that there are seperate servers for different parts of the world, so don't know if we can all find each other.

There is a server list in the upper right corner where you can force a particular server. Once you join a party, all you need do is one of you leave town and re-enter to be on the same server.

[Added]

OK, I was finally able to add you under the Mythos Test Center as Podgie. I will check for you each time I play.

Edited by Spock