Special Event this coming weekend

Genenut

This coming weekend, fourth of July weekend, is the annual dragon festival. It starts at noon on the 3rd and goes through sunday... Come and play in factions with us and earn tokens good for exchanging for a grasp demon mask on sunday...

Oh that sounds like fun. Thanx for the heads up Genenut! I'm gonna do my best to catch a glimpse of that for sure. I checked out the GW announcement and it seems it will end on Saturday. Do I have that right?

Cheers!

Oh that sounds like fun. Thanx for the heads up Genenut! I'm gonna do my best to catch a glimpse of that for sure. I checked out the GW announcement and it seems it will end on Saturday. Do I have that right?

Cheers!

Thats the 2006 announcement . the 2008 announcement is :

"The games and quest reenactments are available all weekend long, but missions and the finale occur on a set schedule. Missions are active for 30 minutes after the call to arms goes out, and Emperor Kisu will make scheduled appearances every two hours from 2:00 AM until 11:59 PM on Sunday, July 6."

Gene, it sounds awesome! Guild wars had such awesome festive occasions. I remember the first few times seeing the lands all festooned in revelry, and seeing everyone running around with party favors...it was enough to make me swell up with so much pride in the game. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the creators of Guild Wars, and the work and tone the creators have used in this game, has been very much appreciated by me and, I would guess, so many others. Super polished game, amazing functionality, and so smooth and easy to run on almost any system.

Hope you had a wonderful time at the festivities...

Got any snaps?

:hugs:

gogo

things dont get going til noon tommorrow .... will try to get pics though , or you could come visit for a couple of hours and do beetleracing .... *nudge nudge.... hint hint *

Well I was at the monastery at 5pm gogo - where did you hide?

..... the beetle racing was fun .... hard too and the monastery is decorated beautifully. got my 250 victory tokens already for the exchange on sunday, now I can just enjoy the rest of the festivities for the weekend.

Gene, I'm so sorry about that! :) The guildwars download I tried to install yesterday morning when I read this topic, didn't work for me at around 6.30 when I finally got to game last night. I was finally able to start gaming only after seven, and finally made it into Requiem.

I'm going to just plain install from my game disks tonight when I get home from work, and I'll definitely be on for some GWing this weekend.

Awesome you got the tokens though, do you get to cash them in for goodies?

;)

gogo

On sunday you can exchange 250 for a grasp mask and before that you can turn in 5 for things like fireworks and sparklers or 10 for things like red bean cake, rice wine, firewater or such. all of which help you towards achieving either party animal, sweet tooth or drunkard titles. The racing goes towards the gamer title. :-)