Sacred 2 questions regarding game-information from Beta

Lumen (exclusive light)

Dazzle - zaps monsters with lightning

Forens (light)

Inspiration - 50% chance of damage reflection

Kybele (light)

Infusion - all attacks (against the character) fail for the duration

Testa (dark)

Will-o-wisp - summons several will-o-wisps to heal the player's wounds & absorb incoming damage

Kuan (dark)

Kuan's Breath - confuses foes & they attack each other randomly (this is quite amusing)

Ker (exclusive dark)

Sakarra - summons a Sakarra demon that fights for the player until it is destroyed, or it slips it's bonds & attacks the summoner.

The seraphim can only choose Light deities & the Inquisitor can only choose Dark deities. Light characters can't choose Ker (but can choose the other "dark" gods), likewise Dark characters can't choose Lumen (but can choose the other "Light" gods).

p.s. wow, did you see kybele's CA? :) Definitely my choice... don't you think that one's a tiny bit overpowered?

Not when the duration's probaby less than ~60 seconds & the regen can be anything up to several minutes.

p.s. wow, did you see kybele's CA? :o Definitely my choice... don't you think that one's a tiny bit overpowered?

Not when the duration's probaby less than ~60 seconds & the regen can be anything up to several minutes.

Ahhh, boss killers only then? Oooh, tough nut to crack this one :) Llama, how about the camera. I kept forgetting to ask about that. Is it at least a smooth as the one in GW? And how about options for using it...does it come with any... or is it fixed in only a few?

:)

gogo

p.s. Would you be able to show us a pic of the monster's stats from the log book? :)

Llama, how about the camera. I kept forgetting to ask about that. Is it at least a smooth as the one in GW? And how about options for using it...does it come with any... or is it fixed in only a few?

There are three camera settings, Fixed, Follow & Free, I use the Free view, as I got used to something like that with GW & Dawn of War. The Free camera doesn't rotate "down" as far as I'd like it to, but it's (IMO) nicer that the other ones.

Yes, the camera is smooth. The default controls are using the mouse wheel to zoom in & out, and click & hold the mouse wheel to rotate the camera about whatever axes are avaliable to your chosen view mode.

p.s. Would you be able to show us a pic of the monster's stats from the log book? :)

IIRC, the monster stats are on the Character tab. Which Carolyn posted a pic of somewhere (in the GUI thread on the SIF perhaps?).

IIRC, the monster stats are on the Character tab. Which Carolyn posted a pic of somewhere (in the GUI thread on the SIF perhaps?).
I think this is the screen Llama meant:

SkillAttribs.jpg

It shows some details for the last enemy you fought. One thing I really like and I think (heh, ok, it's been a while since I've played Sacred 1 - can you blame me?) is different from the original is how easy it is to see the attack and resistance types for enemies (part of it is subjective, as I find the bars easier to process in the heat of battle than the resistance symbols used in S1). I think the top bar is attack types, and the bottom bar is resistance types, but I could have them mixed up. I'd get a screenshot to post, but mean old Llama is making me work instead of play right now :D If he doesn't beat me, I'll make one later.

A couple other notes about what I've seen in the thread:

- As Llama posted, you can't interact with the water, but one of my favorite things is when I kill an enemy near the water and they fall just right so I can watch them *plonk* into the water and sink down below the surface. Ok, so I'm easily amused :P

- One other old standard socketing thing that I think is back (haven't used it so I'd have to check and see what they actually are) are the blacksmith arts.

- A huge goldsink for me is the CA exchanges. It's been changed so you select the specific rune every time now, and the thing that varies depending on how many runes you give to exchange is the price. If I remember correctly a 1:1 rune exchange costs a whopping 125k, while a 4:1 rune exchange is now a paltry 500.

Great info Carolyn Thank you!

And of course...this begets more questions don't ya know.

First off, that's amazing news about how much the CA exchanges are going to cost. I love the fact it's going to make me be frugal for the first bit. Having more to manage is appealing to me, and having to cherish every last gold for a purchase or exchange sounds good.

Question regarding the bars you were talking about. What if an enemy has multiple resistances...would the bar be subdivided into colors? For example...would a monster with, let's say, four different resistances have a bar comprised of four different colors?

Thanks!

:devil:

gogo

Question regarding the bars you were talking about. What if an enemy has multiple resistances...would the bar be subdivided into colors? For example...would a monster with, let's say, four different resistances have a bar comprised of four different colors?

Yup, I'm sure we'll have a pic sooner or later for it.

would the bar be subdivided into colors?

Ta daaaaaaaaaa! Sorry about the delay, I've been having trouble with my computer for the last few days and needed someone to make this for me (thanks Llama!).

EnemyAttackAndResTypes.jpg

When an enemy has multiple attack damage types the top bar also reflects them. I find this much easier to use, it allows me to quickly see exactly what I'm dealing with in terms of their attack and defense strengths and weaknesses.

In the defense area, note that the physical and poison colored areas are slightly larger than the other two. Not only is there a visual indicator of the types involved, but the size of the colored segments reflect the percentages too.

would the bar be subdivided into colors?

Ta daaaaaaaaaa! Sorry about the delay, I've been having trouble with my computer for the last few days and needed someone to make this for me (thanks Llama!).

When an enemy has multiple attack damage types the top bar also reflects them. I find this much easier to use, it allows me to quickly see exactly what I'm dealing with in terms of their attack and defense strengths and weaknesses.

In the defense area, note that the physical and poison colored areas are slightly larger than the other two. Not only is there a visual indicator of the types involved, but the size of the colored segments reflect the percentages too.

Your rock Carolyn! (yeah and even you too Llama :whistle:)

The new way of showing attacks and resists IS cool this way. And...ahhh, I see that it's showing the kind of Enemy Class the monster belongs to. lol, need that for the wiki, and I'm slowly adding to the Sacred 2 Bestiary

th_bestiary.jpg

the moment I see more enemy classes possted ^^

Funny though...why is Last Opponent (Archer of the Jade Bucann... ) showing the resist/attack information, but not the enemy class...whereas in

Garema Ghost Warrior, it is?

:lol:

gogo

hmm maybe I missed the answer for this question ...but...

What if you die?

Re spawn and:

-xp degrease

-nothing happens

-lost something else...

Or die? I mean lost the toon like in sacred 1.

:D

Is this working properly in the demo?

I was attacking spiders and the top bar showed physical (yellow) damage only, even though my toon was getting poisoned by them:)

The bottom bar showed yellow and green which seems logical as I guess a spider would have some defense against poison as well as physical attacks.

stubbs

hmmm...maybe you being poisoned was a result of a CA, and not elemental poison damage?

:starwars:

gogo

enemies (low level spiders for example) use Combat Arts?! :D

stubbs