Epox need PC help

Epox

okay sooner or later I will buy a new pc but I have to options don't know wich one to go for.

here comes the first one

Game - Red Monster

CPU 1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2 6000+ Box 89W

Basis Ram 1 x Mushkin DDR2 PC2-1066 4GB CL5 Kit XP2

Bundkort 1 x MSI K9A2-Neo-F AM2+ AMD770 DDR2

DVD 1 x Samsung SH-S223F/BEBE bulk black SATA

Grafikkort 1 x Club 3D Radeon PCI-E HD4870 Extreme OC 512MB DDR5

Harddisk 1 x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1000GB SATA 32MB 7200RPM

Kabinet 1 x Zegamax Phantom Midi Black Window Lydkort

1 x Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Audio PCI bulk

Netkort 1 x Onboard Netkort

PSU 1 x NorthQ NQ-4775-650b-flex 650W modular ATX2.2 OEM

Tilbehør21 x Call of Juarez -

PC Software 1 x Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1 DVD DK 1pk.

Samlet pris9186,- inkl. moms

(no other ram) :)

Second one

Strømkabel PC m/jord 2 m

Nero 8 OEM Vista kompatibel

CyberLink DVD Suite 5, 6Channel, OEM CD,

Musemåtte blå 4/6 mm

Stødsikker PC-æske

World of Warcraft, mmORPG, PC

Cooler Master Stacker 831 Sort, 2x12cm

Corsair Strømforsyning 750W Black,

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4, AMD 790X, DDR2,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89W,

Kingston ValueR. DDR2 PC6400 4096MB CL5,

Asus Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5,

Western Digital Caviar GP 1TB SATA2

Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-5200A,

Sony diskettestation 3,5" 1,44 MB sort

Logitech MX518 optisk mus

Logitech Deluxe 250 Keyboard DK

MS COA Label Windows

MS Win Vista Home Premium Dansk

MS MANUALS Win Vista Home Premium

MS ROYALTY Vista Home Premium

Garanti - Send ind,

Support Komplett.dk

9.609,44 DKK all in ;)

Updated

Edited by Epox

Both look OK but as for the PC the second one you posted should be cheaper(?)

Also, the first one kind of has expensive RAM in it, with it's 2 different kits. I don't understand why that's the case.

Do you have a link to these setups of some sorts?

RAM:

You will probably hardly notice the faster RAM, go for normal kingston or similar RAM with PC6400 (800mhz) settings.

Also, don't use OC'ing (expensive!) RAM when you don't plan on using it. :drinks:

Sound:

With Vista, there are better choices out there. Auzentech has a great card out atm, which many prefer over Creative solutions.

It's the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 which like the X-Fi Gamer from Creative offers EAX 5.0 but also Dolby Digital and DTS, making it great for watching movies as well.

Pricing should be quite similar to the X-Fi Gamer. Now, I'm not saying a Gamer is not a bad choice, but after the Vista debacle of Creative many have tossed their cards and refuse to put up with the crappy attitude of Creative. Auzentech has the better driver support!

Graphics:

4870 FTW :yay: take a good look at the prices though. OC versions don't offer big increases in performance, and brands like ASUS and GIGABYTE are much more expensive than Club3D, Jetway, MSI, etc. while the cards are all the same. Mostly. ;)

Edited by Timotheus

yea hehe well

SOundcard:

the side I use only have creative stuff don't know why but thats the deal, european pc companies are creative addicted :drinks:

so better check another side and se if I can find that auzentech thingy.

the auzentech has 3 versions they costs from, 799, 899, 1899 O_o

the creative gamer thingy costs 176 so they arnt so close in price :yay:

GFX:

well the first pc I can only choose the clud3d, and the second pc I can choose between Asus or powercouler or Saphire ;)

Edited by Epox

GFX: OK well when you have the choice I say look for the cheapest. The cards are all pretty much equal in performance.

Auzentech: hmm I went price hunting here... You are right, it's quite a bit more expensive. Though it's only 2 times as expensive here, not 4 times... :P

Anyway, the Gamer is a better choice than the Xtreme Audio. Why? The Audio is a budget card, basically it's the same as the Sound Blaster Audigy ES. That makes it not even an Audigy, since the ES actually was a modified Sound Blaster Live! 24. The problem with that is that it makes the Extreme Audio a 10 yr old card. And it only supports EAX 2. Badly.

If you can chance the Soundcard, get the first PC. I don't see why you need all the extra's of the second pc.

But how come they're that similar in price? The package of the second pc is definitely bigger.

Are you ordering at Komplett.dk?

Then I could look into it a bit later today.

• 3 weeks later...

well no I found a pc/hardware store in my own city so its a bit more expensive than ove rthe internet but it's lokal and I what I only need, yeah and sorry for not writing before my old pc is dead :P so im computerless for a little while longer, can't rember the exact pc thingy but its not at cheap as thess ones but I get what I need.

so hope to see ya soon when the new pc is up and running, yeah and when I by it...

okay here is the setup of the pc from my city it aint as good as the other ones but it's okay and what I would need for my game usage:

Intel core 2 duo 8400, 2x3ghz tray 1333 fsb, 6mb cahce, 45nm, 65w

Cooler for the cpu: Glacialtech Igloo 5062silent s775 cor

>3400mhz,89,89,67, <2dba,2000rmp, 341g

MOtherboard: Msi 943 neo-f lga775 1333 fsb atx

- 1xide, 6xsata, 4xddr2, 7,1 sound

Gfx: albatron 9800gtx 512mb ddr3 ram 3sli

dx10, pci-e 2.0.256-bit, fansink

Ram: 8GB Geil 800 mhz pc6400

HDD: 320gb seagate

well thats the lineup don't wanna write cd-rom and al that :) for this thingy here I have to pay

8.0070, DK is that much or an okay amount of cash for this baby ;):)

It's kinda pricey tbh, comparing it to instore prices here... But I don't know the prices of single parts in your region, maybe it's different.

But 8 GB RAM? That's... Insane. Can't you take 4GB of RAM off? I don't think even Photoshop can occupy that much RAM :blink: