Magic Staves

Aside from being a weapon that you can use to beat a mob with and often giving a bonus to casting speeds, what (if anything) do magic staves do? I bring this up because I vaguely recall seeing the something to the effect that they increase a stat of some sort related to magic staves or enhance Combat Arts. . . I can't be certain, and clarification would be pleasant. I'm trying to decide if they'd be a good choice on any mage builds I'm currently constructing. I've got several other builds if anyone is interested in seeing any (Several for each class). Thanks all!

Heya Von Bek. I haven't had a chance to look at them closely but I can say that they will give a bonus to damage when using a staff as melee attacks. Other than that are the typical bonuses found on a staff weapon like you said. I prefer sword and shields for myself as a high elf. I find it's easier to find swords with many sockets and shields with bonuses to Combat Arts as opposed to staffs that seem hard to find thus making the process of upgrading equipment more difficult as I level up.

Whatever you choose I hope it works out well. :sweating:

I don't think staves (as an item type) do anything per se to CAs, though they may have much higher chances of spell-related bonuses. Schot, there are also one-handed staves that can be used with a shield (I think, certainly there are staves that a TG can use).

• 1 month later...

No TG, but better Inquisitor can use one hand staves/rods etc.

Most of them have spell intensity which is useful in caster HE.

Melee HE/Inquisitor can benefit also from them (but less from damage of sword of course),

but I think that if your melee HE needs spell support should go on staves else if it is more

at mellee side go with other weapon

Hmmm. Spell Intensity: the answer for casters to the multipliers that were always availalble to melee types in S1. Hard Hit, Attack, Multi-Hit all multiply damage. In S1 the caster had no such multiplier. In Sacred 2, spell intensity looks like it fits the bill! :evil:

I am with a new HE now. I gave her magic staff because she won't use magic coup to have sword.

But I am more than confident that the lore is useless in a non-melee character.