The Shaman Warrior - Generalist Two Hander

*nom nom nom* Hmmm cookies,

The Shaman Warrior, using a big sword or staff & enhanching his abilities with worshipping the gods, riding a horse, emblazoning his armor with runes, make special potions & herbs and making sure he takes a look behind every tree for some goodies.

1759b0be9c381d1293faf7b6f7dcc75c39bbe387.png

Okay this is the deal, I was a bit bored with my normal Death Warrior / malevolent dual wielder Shadow Warrior that I came up with a challenge that would keep me busy until Ice & Blood is in the stores.

The key to this build is having fun & being a Generalist, this means you take EVERY general skill there is, in our case that is:

1. General Skills

PRIMARY (the ones you can pick immediatly):

Riding

Grants the ability to ride better horses, reduces regeneration penalty while mounted, and unlocks special abilities.

Blacksmith

Allows the player to socket items and exclusive enhancements without having to use a Blacksmith.

Divine Devotion

Improves regeneration of the Divine Gift (God spell) and unlocks some additional attributes.

SECONDARY (needs 5 points in one of the primaries to unlock these)

Alchemy

Enhances the effectiveness of all potions and allows use of certain consumables.

Enhanced Perception

Increases chance of "seeing" invisible monsters and "magical hiding places."

Taking all of the general skills seems like a waste at first but it will enhance our adaptibilty to different situations.

I have to admit that riding & divine devotion arent very special imo but we want to be a GENERALIST for the challenge & the fun.

If you want a more smoother build then you'd better not pick Riding & Divine Devotion

2. Skill choices

SURVIVAL FOCUSED SETUP:

2: Tactics Lore

3: Armor Lore

5: Sword Weapons

8: Death Warrior Focus

12: Constitution/Toughness or another defensive skill if you're comfortable with Grim Resilience BUFF as your only health boost.

18: Blacksmith

25: Alchemy

35: Enhanced Perception

50: Riding

65: Divine Devotion

"HARDCORE GENERALIST" SETUP (this doesn't mean you have to use it in the hardcore gamestyle, you'd better test it in softcore first):

2: Blacksmith

3: Alchemy

5: Enhanced Perception

8: Riding

12: Divine Devotion

18: Armor Lore

25: Tactics Lore

35: Sword Weapons

50: Death Warrior Focus

65: Defensive Skill

TBH I haven't tested the Hardcore Generalist setup yet, I'll update the guide if I do, I just felt that starting with some boosting skills will help thro the first levels so you can pick the general skills later on to improve them. Tips & suggestions are always welcome.

3. Combat Arts

Heavy concentration on the Death Warrior tree altho you want to use Frenzied Rampage for extra attacks with 2hand swords.

One and only buff is Grim Resilience. Pump it hard!

You can't go wrong on the other Combat Art's, take a look at the other Shadow Warrior guide's for mods etc.

4. UPDATE & SUGGESTIONS

As you can see this guide is far from complete, you should look at it as a draft of an idea, it's not fully tested & suggestions & tips are always welcome.

I would like to ask to the pro's out there to think of which skills to master first etc... for both setups, that would be really welcome!

5. CREDITS AND REFERENCES

I'll thank all of The Sacred 2 Community (including D.a.r.k matters).

The General skill description were taken from the SacredWiki.

Also take a look at this thread for more info about characters with 5 general skills:

General skills characters

NOW I'm gonna grab some more cookies and head of testing!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Atm level 14, next skill choice will be Blacksmith & after that Alchemy, I'm gonna poor into them alot of points because I hope my newly farmed sets from the Griffin will keep me up & running for a while.

Mostly going for the Death Warrior tree set.

Attribute: all in strength for now.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Did you happen to take Ker? I've always entertained the thought of using him along with Divine Devotion in an astral lord build. The guy wrecks stuff pretty nice and if Shadow Veil keeps him from messing you up afterwards he could definitely be a strong opener for boss kills.

There was a short lived thread about a character with 5 general skills a while ago.

I wonder if I would take concentration instead of a weapon skill. My latest melee elves could be played without sure hit modifier and a weapon skill. Most combat arts have a hidden buildin chance to hit, which gets better the higher level your melee attack is. But you play without AddOn and I don't know if regeneration per hit was working already for the shadow warrior in 2.43. But this would probably be more for a shadow hand build, because melee attacks need the weapon speed, or eat up way too much trophies or perhaps modify rousing command for attack speed.

I did some maths about constitution or toughness in Dobri's demigod thread and it seemed if you can't get to 70% damage mitigation then constitution would win.

For alchemy:

Trolltreeth trophies: +1000% attack value for 50+ seconds in niob/300 alchemy

Beginning with gold difficulty the drop rate of trollteeth at the re-spawning orc cave was enough to do constant kill runs there and have enough left for other regions. I liked the orc cave, good drops and known enemies so I could optimize my equipment for these runs.

iron ore trophies: 3000 physical armour for 50+ seconds in niob/300 alchemy

these throphy would be nice for the orc cave, the 3000 physical armour is the naked armour value, before any +x% armour stuff is calculated in. I don't know at the moment if the summoned elementals from orc shamans (?) from schot's trick drop this kind of trophies. would be nice to know a nice place to get a supply on iron ores.

skull from undeads for critical, leather hat for attack speed from goblins, talisman for evasion from humans are not used that much

Edited by chattius
Did you happen to take Ker? I've always entertained the thought of using him along with Divine Devotion in an astral lord build. The guy wrecks stuff pretty nice and if Shadow Veil keeps him from messing you up afterwards he could definitely be a strong opener for boss kills.

Well Ker has 2 sides of a coin, on one hand you have a super demon berserking around, on the other side you have a super demon BERSERKING around, that means he'll also attack you and your friends and on high difficulty & hardcore games that wouldn't be rly appreciated.

With my first Shaman Warrior I took Kuan because of roleplaying reasons (I always take Kuan on Shadow Warriors ^^).

I'll update the guide later with info on God Powers etc.

There was a short lived thread about a character with 5 general skills a while ago.

I put it in the Update & References section so people can go look it up ^^. Thanks for sharing that thread!

I did some maths about constitution or toughness in Dobri's demigod thread and it seemed if you can't get to 70% damage mitigation then constitution would win.

Damn then I need to get 70% damage mitigation cuz I just took Toughness :P .

Also thanks about the Alchemy numbers, I'll take 'em in my guide in the next update if you don't mind!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

coincidentally I planned a 3 general skills build in hopes to level fast: speed riding, bosses alchemy, xp/items EP

2 Death Warrior

3 Tactics

5 Concentration

8 Sword Lore

12 Riding (about this time I'll get a hell hound)

18 Armor

25 Toughness

35 Alchemy

50 Constitution

65 EP