Sacred Wiki new main page

Hey guys!

One of the new things that went up over the last two days was a reconceptualizing of the wiki's main page...this is what it looks like so far at http://www.sacredwiki.org

sacredwikimain.jpg

As you can see, three new functionalities have been added:

1-SacrdWiki News

2-SacredWiki Featured Article

3-Did You Know?

The coding for those articles makes them live...and with some new code we've found that you guys can see, the front page now will "call" articles to it that are submitted in the wiki.

The News, "calls" from a new page upon which anyone can submit articles for the Sacred Wiki news, and from there they can be added to the front page. The Featured Article can be a choice of an article that is in the Wiki (not player submitted guide) as a way of inspiring a higher level of article contribution to the wiki itself. Perhaps this can be agreed upon once monthly by a kind of vote? I'll research how other wiki's do this and can get back to you guys on this. The new Did You Know part of the main page is the most delightful IMO...it's just a series of facts....cool, fun and truthful, that is "called" from a wiki page upon which the facts have been set up. I'm thinking we can put a few more in here, so if you guys have ideas, please just post em.

Brad's not so happy with the background color of the main, and so he's still hunting, and we'll probably make the portrait pics at the top smaller and/or switch em out for an intro or something else like that to SacredWiki.

Comments and/or suggestions on the new mainpage so far?

Anything you'd like to see...something there that you think could be improved?

Post em!

:hugs:

gogo

Yummie. That soft yellow-brownish Tone is really pleasing to the Eye. :)

And I love you Front Page, because It's very clear, what leads to where.. some useful Information on the Front Page and two huge Pictures, that make sure "click me and you'll see, what I stand for".

Awesome Work Guys, there's absolutely nothing I personally could complain about :unsure::o

And, we just got our first contributor for SacredWiki news...TY Indy...just glad you were able to work your way through the code.

It looks great...and the twin release you did here on this site is great.

Good job

:)

gogo