Sacred 2 Ingame screenshot feature

Sacred allows you to unbind the camera from your char, and move it around in totally free mode (it looks a lot like boss camera mode). This seems to be another feature that was half-implemented and therefore scrapped.

You can move it as high as you want or even dive into the ground, and zoom as close to the subject as you want at any angle you like. NPCs are not displayed if you are too far from them, so you can't abuse it to spy on enemies :l_santa: It also freezes the shift position, so you don't have to hold shift while taking your character's cool pose :l_santa:

In console window type SYS CAMTRACKSTARTCAPTURE. Move the back/forward with W/S keys, rotate with middle mouse button. You can (and should) use Q/E for moving horizontally left/right, and X to move the camera horizontally backwards, without moving the character. I can't find a way to move it forward :)

Unfortunately, your character keeps running when you move the camera by W/S, so you better park him in a house with locked doors if you don't want him to run into mobs while you're three miles away taking close-ups of a flower. Also unfortunately, there seems to be no way of resetting the camera (at least other commands don't work), so you'll have to rejoin the game to reset.

An easy way to do it is to press the middle mouse, and by pressing the Q/E buttons move towards the object. This way you can do it fast enough even for some action shots.

It takes some getting used to, but you can get some nice screenshots with it if you have the patience. Click on the following (big) pictures to see what can be done:

Toy ship

Blind Guardian

Edited by Antitrust

The forum's software automatically resizes pix unlike the SIF.

Were you talking about a thumbnail Trust?

Bucket gives html code for that. You can click on any pic in your account there, then at the bottom of the page, have it create the data for you and then copy paste.

:)

gogo

Nice find :)

I'm sure there's also a command to return it to normal, something like sys camtrackstopcature or the likes.

I prefer taking pics with Fraps, because I normally want the UI in the screenshot, and not just a good pic of my character.

You can also hit PrintScreen and then paste the image into your image viewer and save it.

Nice find :)

I'm sure there's also a command to return it to normal, something like sys camtrackstopcature or the likes.

I prefer taking pics with Fraps, because I normally want the UI in the screenshot, and not just a good pic of my character.

You can also hit PrintScreen and then paste the image into your image viewer and save it.

I take tons of pictures for the wiki, it's far from practical having to alt-tab out of the game EVERY pic. I take 50 pics per play sometimes in 6-7 hours.

Turns out you can use Q/E for moving left/right, and X to move the camera backwards, without moving the character. I can't find a way to move it forward :(

An easy solution is to press the middle mouse, and by pressing these buttons move towards the object. This way you can do it fast enough even for some action shots. Takes some getting used to though, and the combat arts window popping is annoying.