Anyone ready for a robot wife.

Silearth

Hmm, I am not sure what to think about this. On one side it is nice to see that technology

has evolved so far, and on the other hand I hope this is just a way to improve robot building

tech and not meant to really build more of those robot wives in the future. :3lmao:

She is cute. I was expecting a face not as impressive as the one she's got. I'm a big fan of the Asimov robot series, his laws and all (which I think are genius) I Robot blew me away... but to see something like this so...nowish..

err...scary?

:3lmao:

gogo

She is cute. I was expecting a face not as impressive as the one she's got. I'm a big fan of the Asimov robot series, his laws and all (which I think are genius) I Robot blew me away... but to see something like this so...nowish..

err...scary?

:3lmao:

gogo

When I saw the first video--it was pretty small--I thought it was a cute little woman wearing a robot suit. Lol.

The video caught my eye because I remembered making comments at work the other day about how I was going to get a divorce and find a virtual wife--and perhaps replace my kids with virtual pets.

But you are right, gogo. It is scary.

Not for me...

I hate cold toes in bed :3lmao:

dont worry, will proberly overheat of lack of air in bed anyways.. :oooo: id love to just set a robot like that out in town ^__^

It's the face that really got to me. I was so used to the idea of a robot having a hinged jaw. What did they make the face out of...latex or something? Close to how our face really works. It's the face more than anything that impresses me most.

Here's the thing though...how really really useful is a humaniform robot going to actually be? I know for industry we're making form fit function. Which is the beauty of constructs...they don't have to be made for a general application. We have the luxury of creating a form for a specific task. Only reason I could see for a robot like this is... companionship or fooling another human?

:agreed:

gogo

p.s Don't worry Erling, in a few years, you could probably buy a model with a heated toes add-on :D