The joys of kids

I came home early on Monday because I had a meeting with my son's teacher and the principal about his ADHD(or whatever it is). The meeting was a 2:40 and I left work at 12:00 thinking that I could get in a little shopping at the local restaraunt suppply store.

Something told me to just go home.

I get home and notice that my appartment stinks. My father-in-law is watching the kids while I'm working until the wife returns, but he is sleep. My 5 year old is the only one home at this point and she would normally be sleeping around this time. She is in the bathroom, on the toilet and there is a pair of heavily soiled undies on the floor.

Poor thing had a case of diarrhea. Poor me, she did it all over my bed--and threw up there for good measure. So I've got more than an hour before the meeting, I start doing laundry.

My son's school calls me. He's in the nurse's office and is throwing up. I go to pick him up and bring him home, take my clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. I run to the store to get some medicine and 7up. I take care of the kids and then run to the meeting where they proceed to tell me that my son is a ticking time bomb who will hurt someone some day.

I go back home and talk to my son about his behavior at school and then go to pick up my oldest daughter from her after school program.

I am starting to feel a bit queasy.

Yesterday, I let my son stay home from school and when I returned, he had ordered movies on Pay-per-view and had spent most of the day running around outside with his sick sister. I told him that even if he were throwing up blood in the morning he was going to school.

So I'm beat. I watch American Idol and play a bit of Sacred 2; I'm in bed by 10:00 PM. I spend most of the night rolling back and forth moaning. At 1:00 am I stand up and have to run to the bathroom. I'm in there for at least 15 minutes praying to St. Earl. Feeling better I go back to bed. I may have slept for a few hours but I woke again feeling worse than before. Another hour of rolling around moaning before I got up to make another offering. I actually work my son up with my noise.

This is kind of nasty, but I was starting to feel faint and my vision was blurring. I missed and sprayed the bathroom floor and my socks.

I couldn't eat breakfast and for lunch I had low-salt rosemary chicken dumpling soup(I just drank the broth) I've spent half of the day in the bathroom--I feel crappy.

and isnt it always the case that once the kids are feeling better after you spend all that time taking care of them that you get sick .... and they just see it as an opportunity to get into things you wouldnt let them if you could just get off the bed/toilet/floor , etc to go yell at them... *lol*

In my house this experience you had sil is called the "plague" and either my teen or my husband brings it home atleast once a year... starts with one of them spreads every couple of days to the next of my boys and finally when they are all starting to feel better I get sick .... sigh I use more vacation time this way :-(

and isnt it always the case that once the kids are feeling better after you spend all that time taking care of them that you get sick .... and they just see it as an opportunity to get into things you wouldnt let them if you could just get off the bed/toilet/floor , etc to go yell at them... *lol*

In my house this experience you had sil is called the "plague" and either my teen or my husband brings it home atleast once a year... starts with one of them spreads every couple of days to the next of my boys and finally when they are all starting to feel better I get sick .... sigh I use more vacation time this way :-(

OMG....that is 100% correct. When I got home today, my two little ones had sprayed the dell with detangling spray and air freshener; at least it smells great. I told them that their computer cost a total of $200.00, but Daddy's computer cost a whopping $800-900(after adding new graphics card) If they decided to do something crazy to mine, they better start packing their clothes(Will have to buy a locking computer desk soon.

My mother had a name for those nasty bugs that would ravage the household; the epizoorack. Still cracks me up to say it.

I feel your pain Sil...

I was never so sick and sick soo often after the 1st few months of my daughter being in pre-school. Seemed every week was a new virus, Of course only I got sick - she was fine :Just_Cuz_21: