Seraphim Defender..

claudius

I think Seraphim has a pretty good character to push the limits of Defense Rating...

1. Tactics

2. Armor

3. Constitution

With these 3 skills we have enough to survive the early part of the career.

4. Sword Lore (increase rate of attack)

5. Exalted Guardian (higher levels of Battle Stance)

6. Shield Lore

7. Speed Lore (*or damage lore if its found the build too defensive and no offense then apply DOTS)

8. Revered Tech Focus (first mod divine protection for duration/recharge...then mod warding energy lore)

9. Warding Energy Lore (use at first with DP)

10. Concentration

Naturally pump everything into dexterity and use shortswords :D = one high defense..

Mod Battle stance for more % damage and other skills try and overcome the low damage of shortswords

The blacksmith and appropriate sword with right damage for opponent will be used to apply damage.

• 1 month later...

I'm running with a character based on this and its very much inspired by Anti's Blade Queen..

My question is on the gold mod to Warding Energy... I want to have a warding shield that is frosting (keep recharge low) and mainly a warning bell to cast divine protection (when the shield goes down I will see it)..

I want to keep recharge low because its just frosting and its not going to help in boss battles..

I am going to take the enhanced shield for both bronze and silver because like I say frosting anyone dangerous enough to need reflect is going to take the shield down anyway and 100% more strength shield is pretty good anyhow.

For the gold mod I can't decide between reduced energy which could be a good idea... Or I could get some block but I don't know how good that is.. I could raise the buff to higher strength with reduced energy, but I could have block with block...

Just in case anyone's interested my build....

Tactics 100 (mod everything)

Sword 75

Armor 75

EP 75

Bargain 75

EWF 100

Shield Lore 75

Constitution 75

Rev Tech Focus 75 mod Warding, Divine Protection, Nova

Concentration 1 (maybe 75 if I need more CA levels or if I want a low level Cleansing Brilliance for appearance)..

combo 1 soul hammer + pelting (mod soul hammer to kill boss keep soul hammer on short recharge in case pelting doesn't fire)

combo 2 alacrity

combo 3 sommersault + Nova (1 rune - mod for disabling effects and Area of Effect)

combo 4 divine protection - cast when they hit through your Warding Energy... Run away if they hit through DP hehe

Edited by claudius

Cool Tank build,

Personally I would take the "Resource" gold mod so you can spam your attack skills and have no trouble keeping up with regen, I would then use Divine Protection as the main protector when the

Warding Buff runs out....

I'm planning on building something similar only with more "Battle mage" in it (Area of Effect damage from Flaring Nova & long range support from Archangel's Wrath).

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Cool Tank build,

Personally I would take the "Resource" gold mod so you can spam your attack skills and have no trouble keeping up with regen, I would then use Divine Protection as the main protector when the

Warding Buff runs out....

I'm planning on building something similar only with more "Battle mage" in it (Area of Effect damage from Flaring Nova & long range support from Archangel's Wrath).

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Nice start out!

I just recently had to rethink my plan for my seraphim Build and decided to go with Stronger Defense instead of the normal Strong Offense. I'm taking

Armor Lore

Sword Weapons

Rev Tech Lore

Celestical Lore

Celestical Focus

Concentration

Now since I chose Concentration as a mistake I decided to go with these as I level up -

Shield Lore

Warding Energy Lore

Constitution

Tactics Lore

My goal is going to be a strong Melee and high defense build with ability to use strong of spells. Radiant Pillar is actually quite useful at higher levels! Combine that with Cleansing Brilliance Buff against Undead and T-Energy creatures, it kills all but the bosses/captains. Then add Flaring Nova and it cleans up nicely.