Astral Lord of Ker?

Brand new player -

I'm curious about the viability of playing an Astral Lord Shadow Warrior with Ker as patron - does the summoned demon see through the Shadow Veil? I tried a basic Nether/Veil combo already and was disappointed by low DPS, was wondering if I might rely on Ker + Shadow Veil pulls to see me through tough enemies.

Not in order

Tactics Lore

Astral Lore

Concentration

Astral Focus

Armor Lore

Dual Wield

Ancient Magic

Divine Devotion

Enhanced Perception

Constitution

I'm on Xbox so am avoiding Blacksmithing.

Side question - can I get skill mastery bonuses from items, or do I need to invest 74 additional points into the skill? Am thinking eventually of still getting full Nether squad + Reflective Emanation w/Idol + Shadow Veil up and running, trying to figure out investment required by concentration.

Edited by BlindPetey

Hi and Welcome :)

I don't really use god spells and from what I've heard about Ker is he's not that great in battles especially against bosses. AFAIK no boss/enemy or Ker can see thru Shadow Veil if it's properly modded and at level 25. Have you tried using Skeletal Fortification with SV? Once you get 2 arrows it's pretty good.

To get skill mastery you have to assign 75 points to that skill..you cannot not unlock mastery with soft points (skill lvls from equip)

If you want 2 buffs...just picking Concentration will unlock 2nd buff...for 3 buffs you'll need conc at level 75

edit: if you use skeletons while veiled you will still get hurt if the skeletons take damage from an enemy Area of Effect or Reflect spell

Edited by Knuckles
  • 2 weeks later...