Dex or strength - Duel Wield Seraphim with Sword

Vegeta

Im new to the game and I was checking out the wiki. This is what they said about strenght and dex.

Strength

Increases Attack value as well as basic damage for all close range weapons except daggers, swords that take up 3 spaces in the inventory and mage staffs. Note that, although lightsabers use 2 slots, they still benefit from Strength just like any other would.

Attack Value +XX

Weapon Damage +XX

Dexterity

Increases attack value slightly and defense value significantly. Increases damage dealt by close combat and ranged weapons.

Attack Value +XXX

Defense Value +XXX

Weapon Damage +XXX

since im having a dual wield seraphim with sword should I focus on dex or on strengt? cause most swords take 3 spaces dont they? and how is it later in the game when better swords are available.

btw since im going for just a dual wiel seraphim without any offensive spells (maybe a shield) should I put any points in intellegence?

Thanks!

Edited by gogoblender

I am new as well and I was wondering the exact same thing... It defiantly seems more viable in my opinion to go purely dex for the added defense bonus, especially since ive heard that one of the best edged weapons in the game (officers sabre) is dex based. Any vets out there have any input? Is there any benefit to going str? I.e... More damage per point invested?

Edited by Phoetad

I have a dual wield seraphim level 166. I put 100% attribute points into STR. Most swords/axes use STR for weapon damage although there are a few exceptions. If you want to know which attribute is associated with a particular weapon.... equip the weapon then mouse over your attribute... you will a weapon damage # under the correct attribute that weapon uses.

ex: Equip a sword...point mouse or cursor over STR in the attributes tab..... you should see weapon damage 1,024. <---- random #

You can do this with any weapon.

p.s. Points in INT would be a total waste in my opinion.

p.s. #2: If you put points into DEX and your weapons use STR....you are completely wasting attribute points as they will not affect your weapon damage at all.

^^

I have a dual wield seraphim level 166. I put 100% attribute points into STR. Most swords/axes use STR for weapon damage although there are a few exceptions. If you want to know which attribute is associated with a particular weapon.... equip the weapon then mouse over your attribute... you will a weapon damage # under the correct attribute that weapon uses.

ex: Equip a sword...point mouse or cursor over STR in the attributes tab..... you should see weapon damage 1,024. <---- random #

You can do this with any weapon.

p.s. Points in INT would be a total waste in my opinion.

p.s. #2: If you put points into DEX and your weapons use STR....you are completely wasting attribute points as they will not affect your weapon damage at all.

^^

thanks for the awnsers. But what about the example phoetad had? are there a lot of dex swords for the higher levels?

And did you really put all your points in strenght? now vitality, willpower or stamina?

And when I don't put anything into dex won't I have a problem hitting people?

And what kind of seraphim do you have --> lots of comboarts or not?

Strength is the default choice, recommended for all people that ask where to put their points for damage with swords :)

Now if you have a specific sword in mind, and you want to use that, it's up to you. Both str and dex builds can get enough weapons, so it's not really an issue.

thanks for the awnsers. But what about the example phoetad had? are there a lot of dex swords for the higher levels?

DEX is used for ranged weapons....there are a few close combat weapons that use DEX but not very many...and the damage on them is not very good. Do not base your close combat character around DEX. I think this would be a bad idea. STR is better for a close combat build.

And did you really put all your points in strenght? no vitality, willpower or stamina?

Yes all STR. I like damage. You can add some VIT for extra hp if u want. I have spell resistance so willpower is not something I needed. Stamina? You can keep your ca regen times at a very low level if you balance focus points and ca level without stamina points.

And when I don't put anything into dex won't I have a problem hitting people?

No.

And what kind of seraphim do you have --> lots of comboarts or not?

I use Pelting Strikes and Pelting Strikes only for attacking.

^^

Note to self

New Project for Wiki

Place what attribute modifies each unique beside each one

:)

gogo

gogoblender what is your reaction to my question about strength and dex? (seen you post quit a lot on different topics)

Regarding weps modded by dex, you can check this page on wiki here to see specifically named weapons in game that are modded by their own particular attributes:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Weapons

For example.. I am running a strange mounted horse seraphim right now that is completely modded by dex. Reason I took the dex was because I wanted to use both polearms and ranged weapons.

I took Pole Lore but I am limited to the kinds of Pole weapons I can use by what attribute they are modded by natively.

For example, halberds and javelins, etc are all modded by str. you can tell this because of their name. For dex based poles, things like lances, glaives and pikes (anything pole-ish that looks like it has a rounded marshmallow on top) is modded by dex.

And since I opted to not take the ranged lore but instead count on all the points I'm putting into dex to help my cth (chance to hit) I get a mix of half decent chance to hit but NO special wep modifiers because I didn't take the lore.

Interesting trade out I'll tell you how it goes :)

Also, there are far more str based poles with excellent Multi Hit capabilities then Dex based poles.

This then limits some of my creativity and impacts my build.

Regarding unique weps, well... as soon as we have time we can add how they are modded.

I would think the same thing regards all weps this way. Put the weapon on, and see what it is modded by...best way to know if it fits into your build or not.

Regarding unique dex swords v.s. unique str swords, I haven't had much time to use those weps so couldn't give you a general "feel" for how many of each type is out there.

:(

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Im going with shortswords and daggers with my queen of blades treasure hunter and the damage and attacks are really fast.

Im going all dex to add to the weapon dmg + the defence boost therefore im using shortswords and daggers. I love shortswords they hit hard and fast, really fast.

There are alot of great dex blades that I have found but they are mostly on the merchant. But they are still great.

Modded out pelting with double hit, and shortsword is fun on multiple opponents.

Found a dex shortsword named ancrid's blade that has chance of double hit and 3 sockets (can't remember if one is just the element)...

Edited by claudius