Dual-Element High Elfs?

I see a lot of Fire-only and Ice-only HE builds, but no Dual-Element builds. Right now I'm making a Regen Fire/Ice HE and I was wondering if I could get some advice?

Attributes: All into Stamina

Skill Set:

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Ancient Magic

Arrant Pyromancer Focus

Arrant Pyromancer Lore

Mystic Stormite Focus

Mystic Stormite Lore

Armor Lore

Constitution

Spell Resistance (or something else?)

I'm not a high level, but I like the build because the two elements chain together so well. Also, my Magic Coup regens quickly and does great damage because it's based mainly on my bow's damage. Grand Invigoration doesn't have a penalty either, so I don't have to worry about diminishing returns.

My only worry is that I won't have enough Skill Points to raise all the Regen Skills and Lore/Focuses to a decent level. At level 200, do you get enough points to max all of your skills (or at least get them to 75?)? If not, how many do you get in total?

Edited by gogoblender

The total points you get to distribute in the skills is 921. So yes, you can pretty much master every skill.

However, it will be hard balancing the 2 elements. You need 75 hard points, and you will be hard pressed to put 4 points each level in both lores and focuses till you hit 75, and it still won't be enough to compensate. You need 4x75=300 points to have them maxed, and you can get only 280 by level 75, assuming those 4 the only skills you level up. But by level 79 you will have all 4 skills of the 2 elements mastered.

Also if I were in your shoes, I'd plan my skill setup till level 140. After you hit 100, level ups take over an hour (real time). After 125 each level up takes about 1.30-2 hours, maybe even more, depending on how much + xp per kill you have. Things are even harder after 140... So to get from 125 to 140 you need to spend like 30-35 real time hours of play. That's a lot of time to waste :agreed:

Thanks for the advice. I did more research and gave up on the idea, mainly because I didn't like the way Arrant Pyromancer spells worked. Might try Ice/Lit down the road (since you need DA Focus to buff GI anyway), but for now I'm going full Ice. <3 Glacial Thorns.

Keep Glacial Thorns as your boss killer (its unbeatable) :(

Use Frost Flare as your early main CA and gold mod it with icy circle for mobs and it will do you well for up to lvl50 (beyond that its still useful for sniper attacks).

Keep Raging Nimbus as a late starter. After lvl50 you will find it becomes your main Area of Effect CA. :)

• 3 months later...

Ice and Fire build possible and very effective (but until level 125-130 but real power comes after level 150-170) .

You need to balance her very well , skip all stam you need also some intellect. I am focusing on it (level 186 HE ice & fire) . But I need time to fine tune.

Edited by tkots

Spell resistance is a waste on elves. Replace it by arcane focus and you get expulse magic to block spells, you get regeneration buff and a teleport.

Fire and arcane of ice and arcane are very easy dual aspect builds. Fire and ice is a bit more complex. Most people who tried it, found that after ancient magic mastery there is no need for a second aspect.