Trilkin's Printable Guides Project

I have no idea where to put this, so I'll put it here. Basically, I see fine guides that I'd love to follow, but alt-tabbing because I forgot which skill to take next is a bit of a pain in the ass, so, well, I print the guides I like... except all of those pictures takes a lot of ink and trying to cut and paste directly from forums makes printing a bit of a problem. In short, it just looks ugly on paper, so I thought I'd undertake this project of taking guides I like that aren't readily printable and, uh, making them printable! All guides will be published on Google Documents for easy of editing in the case of a guide update.

I'm going to start with a single guide for the time being to see how everyone feels about the project before I start converting more. My 'conversion' of ScoobyDouche's Seraphim guide is precisely what I'm aiming for. Note that these printable guides are -NOT- meant to replace the original posts, as some of the posts have images that demonstrate certain aspects of the game better than words can. They are simply for people who wish to read the guide offline, or wish to have it easily accessible when they're playing the game.

My goal for the guide is to make it as clean as possible, and thus, easy to read, which may mean layout changes on my part to make it more accessible for print. For the most part, all of the actual text of the guide will be copy-pasted into the printable version to ensure that the writer's intended 'message' and personal sense of humor is retained. The things that will be omitted are: pictures (obviously,) colored text of all sorts, font changes (all guides will be in Arial,) and item lists (note this doesn't mean item MODIFIER lists that are useful to the build - only specific items like uniques since most of them tend to be displayed in images anyway.)

Oh, and obviously none of the guides are written by me unless otherwise noted.

Without further whatever, here we go:

Seraphim

ScoobyDouche's Pure Caster Guide - [Original Post]

Alt-tabbing Sacred 2 is indeed a pain :)

I think people are too serious about following guides :sigh:

Guides can be quiet nice to follow (especially the skill order at some points),

no alt + tab problems here though, becuz I play in windowed .

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I think this is a great idea :thumbsup: It would be really nice to have and just put a link at bottom of guide or something for the printable version....nice job on the 1st one :sweating:

I have no idea where to put this, so I'll put it here. Basically, I see fine guides that I'd love to follow, but alt-tabbing because I forgot which skill to take next is a bit of a pain in the ass, so, well, I print the guides I like... except all of those pictures takes a lot of ink and trying to cut and paste directly from forums makes printing a bit of a problem. In short, it just looks ugly on paper, so I thought I'd undertake this project of taking guides I like that aren't readily printable and, uh, making them printable! All guides will be published on Google Documents for easy of editing in the case of a guide update.

I'm going to start with a single guide for the time being to see how everyone feels about the project before I start converting more. My 'conversion' of ScoobyDouche's Seraphim guide is precisely what I'm aiming for. Note that these printable guides are -NOT- meant to replace the original posts, as some of the posts have images that demonstrate certain aspects of the game better than words can. They are simply for people who wish to read the guide offline, or wish to have it easily accessible when they're playing the game.

My goal for the guide is to make it as clean as possible, and thus, easy to read, which may mean layout changes on my part to make it more accessible for print. For the most part, all of the actual text of the guide will be copy-pasted into the printable version to ensure that the writer's intended 'message' and personal sense of humor is retained. The things that will be omitted are: pictures (obviously,) colored text of all sorts, font changes (all guides will be in Arial,) and item lists (note this doesn't mean item MODIFIER lists that are useful to the build - only specific items like uniques since most of them tend to be displayed in images anyway.)

Oh, and obviously none of the guides are written by me unless otherwise noted.

Without further whatever, here we go:

Seraphim

ScoobyDouche's Pure Caster Guide - [Original Post]

Hello Trilkin, and welcome to DarkMatters!

Regarding this project...well, lol...I'm not sure how much of a fan I am of taking something off of a paperless environment and using paper... sort of a step anti-green? :thumbsup:

As well, it's very important to consider the copyrights of all guide creators. Regarding the altering, changing, editing dispersal, duplication etc of any guide that you find on this site, express permission would have to be asked for by each writer before making any changes.

I know a lot of the work that goes into guides is inclusive of excellent formatting, style, graphics, fonts etc. Changing a contributor's work in this way should only be undertaken after receiving consent.

Cheers

:sweating:

gogo