Damnit!!!! So close!

So... my first time playing Sacred 2 (love it!) and I'm using a Serraphim (level 32 currently).

So I'm 98% done the light campaign, playing on Xbox 360. I load up my game and while the game is loading my fiance comes home... my baby is all happy that she's home so we step into the other room to say hi for about 5 seconds.

I come back into the room and the game is still loading. What the hell:) It finishes loading... and it turns out I died in the 5 seconds that I was gone!

98% done the game with zero deaths on silver difficulty... I was literally a half a dozen screens away from the last boss when I bit the dust. Guess I'll have to take another crack at that achievement with my next character!

So disappointed... good thing it's such a good game as I won't mind playing through it again. :)

Hi and Welcome Scrappy

What a way to die :) Especially since you were soooo close, I guess you were going for the Survivalist achievement? I would still finish out campaign just so you see final battle...many people have met their doom there, so knowing what it's like can only help with your next attempt at that title (if you haven't fought them yet)

Question about completing this achievement / trophy?

Let’s say I die in one difficulty (Silver) can I still get the trophy in another difficulty (Gold) if I don't die during that campaign, or does the character need to have 0 deaths?

Thanks folks... to be honest, my build was getting a bit boring as I'm having a tough time leveling (seems to take forever!). That and I'm not so sure of some of my skill choices - although I've managed to get my bargaining up to around 50 so far and I'm loving that!

I figure this just gives me more incentive to try harder with the next character. :)

Question about completing this achievement / trophy?

Let’s say I die in one difficulty (Silver) can I still get the trophy in another difficulty (Gold) if I don't die during that campaign, or does the character need to have 0 deaths?

As far as I know, you need to have zero deaths for the character overall, including all previously played difficulty levels. So if you die on Silver, that carries over to all other difficulty levels. Pretty much you'll have to roll another character to get the achievement. Hopefully somebody can verify this is correct.

knowing what it's like can only help with your next attempt at that title (if you haven't fought them yet)

I havent fought them yet (I don't think I'm leveled up enough). But I'm sure it'll be a blast when I get around to it.

That sucks. I am betting you got hit by a circle of death that the guardians throw out.

Maybe I'm further away from being finished than I thought. That dude Nimonuil is right down the hall from me when I spawn... close to the end of the light campaign:)

PS - Do I have to fight all 4 Nameless Guardians at once:) That would be pretty disgusting...

Edited by Scrappy McSlap
PS - Do I have to fight all 4 Nameless Guardians at once:) That would be pretty disgusting...

As far as the PS3 version Silver dificulty goes; I only fought one at a time. I did stay to the edge of the room for most of the fights and tried to no run into the other bosses. No sure if I can or can't pull the others... but yes you can fight one at a time.

I noticed this too on the console. If you "Continue Campaign" on a difficulty you already beat, or if you just activated the very last monolith it saves you in a pretty bad spot. Load the game with 4 temple guardians right next to you so you have to be on your toes as soon as the game screen comes up.

I'd say get the achievement with a ranged character. It's so easy to run away in this game. Melee really get chewed up by bosses. I haven't found the right balance for defense yet on any of mine. They're always crying about needing more physical protection or something. ><

I've had 3 activate at once....luckily I had my Boots of Rapid Retreat equipped and ran shrieking from the room...oh they will leave main room and chase you down corridors now...but I know who to blame for that :D

I've had 3 activate at once....luckily I had my Boots of Rapid Retreat equipped and ran shrieking from the room...oh they will leave main room and chase you down corridors now...but I know who to blame for that :)

Haha... yeah, I tried a similar tactic with the Scorpion boss... didn't work out so well. On the plus side, he was too busy chasing me to summon the little Barsteward scorpions! :(

Oooooh... censored! Haha... I know I sured didn't type that. :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

The scorpions are part time barmen in evol afterhours clubs. They pay this site to stick their name in at odd times for advertising for them

:(

gogo

The scorpions are part time barmen in evol afterhours clubs. They pay this site to stick their name in at odd times for advertising for them

:P

gogo

Nice! haha...

So I took out the bosses last night. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting, although I lucked out completely on the very last guardian... posted about that in one of my other threads. From what I can tell, on the 360, they only have one boss active at a time. Once you defeat one, it updates the quest marker and activates the next one and so on.

Oh and about the relics on consoles. We're restricted to using a maximum of 3 relics of each protection type at a time. So no more than 3 fire relics at once, for example. Outside of that we can still use a total of 6 at a time. Sure helped pump up my Enhanced Perception! :)

The very last Resurrection Monolith before the final area is very unsafe. I found that whenever I used it to load into a game, I'd be surrounded by 3 to 5 enemies trying to whomp my character. It was very unsettling, to say the least.

As for the final fight, it's 1 at a time on Silver. They hit kind of hard, so get a couple hundred potions handy just to be safe. Also, move them away from the center of the room (preferably just outside of it) so they can't get their damage shield up.

The very last Resurrection Monolith before the final area is very unsafe. I found that whenever I used it to load into a game, I'd be surrounded by 3 to 5 enemies trying to whomp my character. It was very unsettling, to say the least.

As for the final fight, it's 1 at a time on Silver. They hit kind of hard, so get a couple hundred potions handy just to be safe. Also, move them away from the center of the room (preferably just outside of it) so they can't get their damage shield up.

Yeah, I had my first death from that very same resurrection portal... sucks haha. Those guardians with the death trap are pretty ugly. :P

The bosses do a fair amount of damage, for sure. I waited until I was level 35 and then dumped around 13 points into Constitution for an extra few hundred HP. Also started using the regeneration potions to reduce the regen time of Pelting Strike and Nova... that helped a ton as well. Those two adjustments alone made a big difference. I used the lightning ability (can't remember what it's called) to pull lure them back out of the main room whenever they tried to go back and recharge their shields. That was effective too. All around pretty fun stuff.