Magic Find - please advise

So enhanced perception's mastery description says "Chance to find secret compartments in chests and hiding places." Is this = magic find on items? Will I only benefit from these boosts in barrels/chests/etc., and not on kills? Also, is there any correlation between magic find and higher quality loot, or only more of it?

I have a hunter dryad I'm trying to use to drum up some decent equipment, and I keep forgetting to switch between bargain gear and EP gear. How much am I robbing myself of by doing this? The interface isn't exactly smooth on the Xbox, would have loved to have a couple "dolls" I could switch between rather than having to reassign each equip piece each piece manually.

EP gives a bonus to Magic Find though until you have mastery it doesn't show up in tooltip. So it works on chests/barrels and enemy drops

I must say I got mightily impressed by EP this morning. My drops for my new toon were pretty horrible, and then I finally caved in and chose EP. Three levels later after all points going into it I had a super sweet run this morning against orcs level 25. Two sets and Three uniques o_O

lol, I guess it's cuz my toon's low level and EP is really making a dif.

I'm hooked

:D

gogo

I must say I got mightily impressed by EP this morning. My drops for my new toon were pretty horrible, and then I finally caved in and chose EP. Three levels later after all points going into it I had a super sweet run this morning against orcs level 25. Two sets and Three uniques o_O

lol, I guess it's cuz my toon's low level and EP is really making a dif.

I'm hooked

:sweating:

gogo

Is that to imply that there is some relationship between EP and level in the same way that there is a relationship between bargaining and level? I don't want to get hooked in to too many "must max" skills, but I'll also be sad if whenever I forget my +18 in EP from 6 relics it totally nerfs the build.

Meh, maybe this will allow me to get behind an SW build I've been tinkering with but never committed to due to the lack of Bargaining. Which I've also never gotten to really work for me, but then I've never taken it on an HE level 2.