I've recently started up my second character, trying out a Dryad. Having read a few guides for Dryad builds, I decided to try out Tactics Lore. It's a skill that I didn't touch on my last character at all... so something new.

Apparently I completely missed the bit about adding modification points to CAs the first time I read it. This skill is sick! I have maxed my Dart CA at level 6. In contrast, it took me till level 18 or something to max one of CAs with my seraphim, due to the crap build I made haha....

Between that and the damage bonus, I'm tempted to take this skill right off the bat with every build I make. Just awesome. :)

You're right, it's an amazing skill, and it coming with mod points makes it an absolute. For ranged dryads, I found myself not putting so many points in Tactics early game as in ranged...just for first twenty levels or so to make sure I was getting hits in. Once I was comfy with being able to hit all the enemies with some regularity, I then switched to putting points into Tactics.

:)

gogo

You're right, it's an amazing skill, and it coming with mod points makes it an absolute. For ranged dryads, I found myself not putting so many points in Tactics early game as in ranged...just for first twenty levels or so to make sure I was getting hits in. Once I was comfy with being able to hit all the enemies with some regularity, I then switched to putting points into Tactics.

:(

gogo

Yeah, I noticed that I was missing fairly often with a blowgun right off the bat, so I've been pumping Dexterity whenever I can. I was thinking about taking the ranged weapon skill to help with the chance to hit. I'm not sure that relying completely in Dex to fix the issue is going to be good enough... seeming as I only get one attribute point per level.

Oh, I found a rune with + to lifeleech at level 4... cant wait to find a socketed blowgun so I can toss that in there! hehe....

I've had a fair bit of success with deciding on a specific weapon type for a new character right off the bat, then usually the first two new skills I take are the appropriate weapon Lore skill, and Tactics Lore. :yay: I agree that Tactics is wicked-good, especially for a Shadow Warrior, who can max out the upgrades on TWO aspects' worth of Combat Arts with it. And despite logic to the contrary, each break point in TL that gives you an upgrade tick gives a tick for BOTH of those aspects, which can be spent independently (I.e., spending a tick on a CA in one aspect does NOT use up any of the accumulated ticks for the other aspect), essentially giving you double value for your money.....very nearly broken for that character class, IMHO. :D

You should have seen the expression on my roommate's face when I explained the above to him.....he was planning to take Death Warrior Focus just to be able to upgrade Combat Arts! :P