Cross platform functionality for Sacred 2?

Hi guys,

It has been a while since I played sacred2 but I would like to know if there is cross platform support.

Can a pc owner play together online with a ps3 owner

No

The servers are all separate between platforms. As such, there is no way that cross platform gaming will ever occur. Additionally, I doubt PC players would play with console players considering consoles have a 4-player limitation and (for the 360 at least) voice chat, while PCs have 16 players and use mainly text.

The consoles have only 4 players in MP because the consoles don't have the ram to be able to handle more players when they're the server. If they had dedicated servers (like the PC does), then they could have more players in MP (frankly I'm surprised that the consoles can run Sacred 2 at all with ~250Meg of ram, though I'm assuming their OS's aren't quite as bloaty as Windows). There could be cross-platform support, but MS charges quite a lot for the license for that for the Xbox (ie, to allow Xbox & PC players to play in the same servers), so it's not going to happen.

... MS charges quite a lot for the license for that for the Xbox (ie, to allow Xbox & PC players to play in the same servers) ...

Might have known it had something to do with Micro$haft and money. beatingadeadhorse.gif