+% Element affect a converted sword damage??

I think I read somewhere that a sword (etc) socketed with say example a lava chunk that has 50% conversion to fire... Now say you have +40% fire damage from gear..

What I read earlier is that won't do more fire damage on the sword! % physical damage would raise the initial pool of physical damage which would then be converted partially to fire.. Also a 11-11 ring would raise physical which gets multiplied by all the other hidden things and ALSO partially converted to fire..

I ask this question because I found the dryad's blood sword and it does 40% more fire damage... I am wondering if I should socket a lava chunk or if it wouldn't make any difference even if I socket a poison fang for example.. Which would mean for example that I could hit something until its poisoned then apply archangel's wrath and start it burning and poisoned..

I might just save it for another character as % damage to enrage is not that good when you use warding energy and divine protection (in general) Also I am not too keen on the strategy of rolling with low HP..

The +% fire on the blood dryads sword will only boost any fire damage that's native to the sword (though IIRC it does do fire damage). If you socketted a poison tooth (or magic converter), you'd get the % conversion from physical (including any +phys damage & +% phys damage), but you'd also get all of the fire damage on that sword (+any +% fire damage!) converted to poison.

I think I'm going to have to scour the wiki and see what melee chars do fire damage :thumbsup: or give it to a HE but I have too many of those already who are ice or fire/staff haha..

I think dryad does explosion damage and fire damage on some CA. That could be nice..

I've always been curious about having a list/or table of Combat Arts saying what element damage they can do that is native.

claudius, while yer scouring, do you think you could post a list of ca and it's native element if you have time? We could then table it for wiki, and this would be a VERY useful list/table for peeps looking to make builds with Combat Arts via native element damage

:thumbsup:

gogo

Gogo I do not have test characters to look at the base element but I can guess (from memory)... And I can look at mods...

Let me know if this is what you want..

Dryad -

Capricious Hunter:

Ravaged Impact - Weapon type damage, bronze mod poison, gold mod explode (fire?)

Darting Assault- Weapon type damage.

Dust Devil- No damage, Gold mod = fire damage :) (wiki says as fireball:))

Voodoo:

Twisted Torment- Magic Damage, Gold Mod Poison

Viperish Disease- Poison Damage

Malicious Totem - Physical? and Poison? Damage, Silver Mod Increase Poison Damage

Nature:

Edaphic Lances - Physical?, Gold Mod Fire Damage

Tangled Vine- Physical, Silver Mod Fire Damage

I looked up the mods I'm just guessing from a low level dryad the regular damage types...

The TG can get fire damage on Deathly Spears (second mod, fire or magic damage), Furious Emblazer is pure fire, Propelled Levitation does fire damage (but not much), Firey Ember does fire damage.

IIRC, there are some Inquisitor mods that add fire damage (Purifying Chastisement has a +% fire mod, but doesn't add native fire damage).

Just because a CA mod says "like fireball" on the description doesn't mean that it's doing fire damage, that term is being used to give an idea s to damage (which is comparable to a fireball of the similar level).

I think the seraphim mainly does magic damage (if any specific element), though Archangel's wrath converts to fire damage & then adds a bonus (to that converted damage, I think).

Any weapon-CA does whatever element the weapon does, though some have mods that add elemental damage (the SW has one that adds poison, as does the Dryad).

Serpahim

Exalted Warrior

Soul Hammer: By weapon

Pelting: By weapon

Assailing Sommersault: By weapon

Celestial Magic

Radiant Pillar - Magic Damage

Baneful Smite - Magic Damage

Cleansing Brilliance - Magic Damage

Revered Technology

Archangel's Wrath - Physical? Fire

Nova - Magic and Physical

BFG - :)

No mods creating a new damage type on the seraphim's Combat Arts.