When should i use runes?

I have been keeping my lore and focus at level and I dont see the need to use runes at all. Im level 35 on silver though, and all of my combat arts and buffs are level 1. See lore keeps the damage high and focus keeps the regen down, so I never need to eat a rune. Getting +skill gear makes using runes even more useless, since my lore and focus's are increased heavily again especially on every piece of armor and weapons sometimes times 2 or 3. I feel like im unstoppable in silver.

But im guessing this all changes in the higher difficulties.... If so how many/should I use my runes if I should just consume them? I cant slot every single piece of gear with runes, I would really rather reserve those slots for +skills gear.

So should I consume them until that combat art or buff max's out on the regen that im trying to aim for? Or should I really be wanting to slot runes in later game?

Runes up the potency but also increase the time between invoking your Combat Arts. I rarely read more than one for my attack arts, and defer my buffs until level 20 or so.

Adding levels to your CA with equipment only presents half the regeneration penalty that reading a rune does. I prefer to boost this way.

But if your times are low enough, go ahead and read that novel - hehe.