Dual Wield and Status Effects?

I have a dual wielder with damage lore so I am causing a lot of status effects. I did not notice this until I paired a flaming sword with a poison club... Probably because I can't see weaken and freeze at all visually..

My club was not poisoning anyone even though it said I had a higher chance to poison than burn on the tooltip. It was around 16% and every large monster pack 1 or 2 people were burning. But no poison.

I had earlier noticed that if I dropped the club in the slot before the sword I heard thunks and sword first I heard slashing sounds. So I tried putting the club back in the slot first. The tables were turned. Now everything was getting poisoned and nobody was burning.

So it seems to matter visually which weapon you drop in what status affect you will get. I don't know if its just the graphics or if there is hidden status affects that I am not seeing.

Next test: determine if 2 burning swords cause more burning than 1 burning sword and 1 other sword

Just of note this is my best boss killer melee build. I got tactics dualwield and blacksmith maxed and damage lore (dl at 1 pt). More damage = greater magnitute (not chance) of status affect and when I fight the boss he is constantly burning throughout the battle. Very cool. Shadow warrior Frenzied Rampage has 40% chance of double hit when modded so I am guessing I get two chances to burn things.

Another note is to take blacksmith if you take damage lore. That way you can exchange the damage types easily without visiting a town. If you do that then my recommendation is to slot blacksmith arts in your weapons because if you are putting nice jewelry in the weapons and you yank out the magic pearl you will lose your jewelry. Its also an effective way to update the weapon to a better blacksmith art when your blacksmith skill gets more powerful. Dualwielding my weapons which have 3 sockets I have about 40% to attack and over 20% to damage which is quite nice!

Edited by claudius

lol, I really have to find that post where llama posted info regarding secondary effects. The devs report that multiple/different secondary effects can be inflicted, but only the first effect, if different from a second infliction, will show or be displayed.

And completely agree with the socketing of smith arts in the wep...especially effective if you have a friend up in Niob who can take yer wep up to his level, socket it with smith arts. For one of my pure caster builds, I'm using an officers, and having had to constantly think about if I could "afford" re-shopping for all the plus skills rings in it with precisely chosen secondary mods was becoming a drag.

Using Smith arts makes everything simpler, and cheaper.

And if you have the niob toon yourself to do the smith art forging, you can build uber strong toons right out of the bronze start gate and keep doing it as you level up without having to wait for friends. Course the bonus from this strategy only lasts and is good as the distance tween yours and the level the smith arts is coming from... other socketables get better as you approach niobium.

:unsure:

gogo