Flickering textures

Does anyone else have this problem? I get it a lot! It happens when I'm running around, sometimes when standing still.

Nothing wrong with my graphics card, tried different drivers/settings.

Help is very much appreciated!

Edited by Timotheus
  • 1 month later...

To keep things short: The flickering textures were a graphics card acting up.

Early in June I traded my ATi 3870 for an Nvidia 8600GT, with some extra cash in it for me. Everything seemed OK at first, 3Dmark06 worked beautifully. But then the problems with the textures in Sacred 2 came along. And they did not stop at just Sacred 2, I was finding the same problem in almost all the games I had on my PC. Scary stuff, when you need a graphics card for your pc to show anything on screen, and you are working really hard on getting some stuff for done for your education. So I was hesitant to play anything. I didn't want the card to burn down on me.

So. Ever since I've posted this problem, I haven't been playing any, any games. It took until yesterday for me to find the time to order a new card, an 8600GTS, to replace the faulty 8600GT. I didn't go for the extra power since my pc isn't that heavily used for gaming any more. Thankfully, the guy I switched cards with has been very fair, he offered to pay back half of his card's worth since I was experiencing these problems. So, in conclusion: hopefully I will be able to game again somewhere the upcoming weekend. I would really like to give Sacred 2 a shot again. :thumbsup:

Edited by Timotheus