Hunting on Dryad island

My current dual sword seraphim likes to kill bosses. Just running around killing hundreds of minions to gain levels gets boring after awhile so you have to take a break from the mundane and take on the big boys from time to time.

So today we went on an extended boss hunting trip.

Gar Colosus--dead before he even landed a single blow.

Giant Squid 5-10 seconds--no need for health potions.

Dragon(the one between gar and the squid) 10-15 seconds.

Swamp dragon--10-15 seconds.

Swirling mists--my first time fighting this one since buying my new 4670(ran much smoother at high settings)

Now the guardians--yup, killed them as well--the first three went down in under 20 seconds while the last one posed a bit of a problem.

This is going somewhere, I promise.

In the inerest of getting all the little boss markers on my map, I went looking for the forest guardian. I knew I was in for a rough fight because the other tree dudes were making me hit the space bar. I don't have tons of leech; perhaps 40 all in all, but I almost never use potions. All of my poison relics are above my level but I am always being smacked around on this island.

After finding the needed boss, who did not leave a marker on my map for some reason(neither did the guardians) I found myself in a life or death battle with several meter flashes and the use of some 20-30 health potions. Good thing I had about 560 of them. And that darn boss with his healing powers! several times I had him down to about 25% life and he insta-healed to a full health meter.

And on a slightly different note, why is it that I can be grinding in an area, killing everything in sight with my health meter rock solid and my seraphim keeps crying about the area being to hard for her?

This is a very tricky area for melee chars, nevertheless... There are some things you can do to make it alot easier.

The Trees - These buggers reflect melee, and have a pretty high chance to do so aswell, so you should always carry an armor piece with you. One that has -%Opponent's chance to reflect mele

This also goes for the Tree boss, only that his damage is higher and his reflect chance is ALOT higher.

Fen Fires - Not very dangerous, but they tend to mob up... Which means they'll all hit you at the same time, which is pretty dangerous at times. These guys are the reason I always have 1 Magic Relic active at all times when I'm there. Since you're melee, you won't have a chance of taking them before they strike either.

Blood Dryads - These generally ain't a problem. Tho, you might want to consider using 1 Fire Relic alongside the magic relic. They're usually no issue at all, but some of them have that darned teleport attack. And that hurts pretty much if you don't have any fire resist. (When mobbed... These guys WILL hit you at the same time... All of them)

Fire Plants - Reason number two for always having atleast 1 Fire Relic equiped when you're running around on here. These guys have a slow slow attack speed (alittle faster than the Fen Fires tho) but their fireball hurts, especially if you're already mobbed. Can be easily evaded if you're at a distance, but since you're melee. You'll get hit nomatter what.

Poison Plants - The weakest and most pityfull creatures in all of ancaria (more pityfull than kobold's imho)

Snappers - The Brown ones are almost harmless, with the exception of the Brown Snapper Champ because it has a lightning bolt that seems to have a really high chance to stun you (Plus... It can deal pretty nice damage if you don't have that Magic Relic equiped. When it comes to the blue ones... My advice is: STAY AWAY.

They are really really harmless, but they have an insane reflect chance. (Still unsure if this goes for all the Blue Snappers or if it just goes for the Blue Snapper Champ. Nevertheless... It's pretty much like facing the tree boss. but with damage divided by 10 and the reflect chance multiplied by... ALOT.

Panthers Plain physical mobs, they got decent damage and low HP. No "Trick" here

(I'm sure there's a few monsters I've forgotten, but since I have... It can't be vital ones) ;)

Nice info here Put. Stuff like this on individual attacks that enemies do is priceless. When I get home from work tonight, I'll add them to the enemies in the wiki.

Good job

;)

gogo

The blood dryads do not reall pose that much of a problem to me. Those jumping plants will sometimes take a small chunk of health from me, but they are only dangerous in large numbers.

It's mostly the trees, and I guess it's their reflect. Take note Ascaron--there are toooooo many reflecting enemies in Sacred 2.