Thoughts on Vendetta

I decided to keep my Server 1 account active and use it as a testing ground for things. I've moved into the top 2000 and here's what I'm seeing:

1. Indiscriminate attacking - I'm getting attacked 3-4 times a day. My storages are high enough to protect all my resources, so the attackers rarely get anything. They do not spy before an attack. I'll sign in and see I've been hit twice overnight with no losses and see there's 80 to 100 troops underway on attacks from all different players. I'll message the attacker and have only gotten a single response. I asked "what possible benefit will you get from this attack" and the response was "None, it's just an attack". He didn't, he got nothing. What's the point?

2. No strategy - The majority of the attacks are done without any kind of spying. Therefore they're all blind raids. And to what end? The attacker will send 50 or 60 rowdies, knifers or whatever and a couple of movers on a 3 hour attack with no plan, no idea what he'll capture in resources and no idea whether he's got a chance to win or get ninja'd. What's the point?

3. Clearing the Fog of War - Jesus, what a pain. Even with a bunch of spies, it takes forever to clear a section of the city, so you can see what's there. And it's a huge map to clear. Or am I missing something?

4. Building defense - Spring Guns and Hidden Mines. These little babies apparantly don't don't do any thing unless you have troops in the building. So what's the point?

Based on my less than stellar experience in Server 1, I'm simply building rooms (w/lots of storage) and training. No investment at all in troops at this point. Not bothering with trying to clear the fog of war, so I have no idea who's attaking me and I guess I really don't care, cause it seems to be the same moronic, lack of a plan, no spy, no brain attack and hope for the best.

I'm sure this game is fun for some, but I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to find any fun in it at all. Watching the timer tick down so I can build another whatever, just isn't any fun.

Where's the strategy? What am I missing?

Awww Cel....

I'll try to answer your questions a bit if I can I am sure other peole willhave some answers too

/hug

1: Are you in an alliance? That can be a good way to have some back up. And for that player to just attack you is stupid...let him keep coming at you it's costing him...build a nasty suprise for him /diablo

2: Blind raiding can be great if you land lucky...rofl last time I did it though I put in the wrong co ords and didn't spy...I lost 382 troops Rowdies...Knifers Gunmen and FBI agents...I haven't done it since lol it was costly to rebuild...but you can be lucky. I think it's all about looking at the roop points and working out what they could have there...then again I could be wrong

3: Yeah it's massive iirc 50 districts to each city and 50 cities...lol I don't bother clearing it all now

4: They do need some troops to be there build up some clandestine workers and safeguards...that way if you do get attacked youhave the satifaction of knowing you kneecapped a few of the buggars /diablo

It can be slow Cel but for me it's about trying to unlock all the bits I haven't got yet both on server 1 & 2 and for me server 1 is where I am trying out new stuff and hopefully trying to get it better on server 2. Maybe you could try a bit of raiding and building a few troops?

I hope that helps a bit /beer

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying it Cel /sad

Claire has given some great hints and ideas....hopefully they help you out...or at least make the game more interesting!

Good luck to you

Aurora

:)