Ranged bugged on 360?

With my highelf her fireball complete misses bats in caves, also when my inquisitor uses a pistol or energy stick he completely misses bats as well. Niether can kill bats in caves. I dont know about dryads.

Is thier a bug with just bats that you cant kill them with certain weapons or skills? Because I would hate to get my highelf or ranged inquisitor high levels and couldnt even scratch again a certain monster with ranged, fireball because of buggy code or something.

I mean really, I have to run away with my Inquisitor from a weak bat and return with a unskilled 2 handed sword to kill it. lol

From what ive found with bats, For some reason all Direct damage ranged attacks.... IE BFG, Archangels wrath, guns, bows, and what not completely miss bats.... Area of Effect's Baneful smite and closecombat do just fine :)

Im only at the beginning in the game elf country. Are there anymore bats in the game outside of the first part of the campaign?

found it. yes thier onyl in elf country first part.

Hmm. I have noticed a higher than normal miss-rate on fliers. Guess it could be bugged. My Combat Arts always hit though. I guess that would be the answer if you're limiting yourself to ranged weapons only. Get those melee CAs down to a 1sec regen.

You are missing the flyers because your projectile does not hit the model, bats move around a lot, blowguns work fine because of projectile speed, other projectiles fire at where the bat is when the projectile starts, by the time it gets to its "destination" the target is elsewhere, this is not only an issue on the 360

You are missing the flyers because your projectile does not hit the model, bats move around a lot, blowguns work fine because of projectile speed, other projectiles fire at where the bat is when the projectile starts, by the time it gets to its "destination" the target is elsewhere, this is not only an issue on the 360

How do you explain it tho with fireballs that follow the target:)

And tested again last night my lighting bolt ( baneful smite) hits bats no problem :)

Absolutely trying to make a ranged inquisitor, but it is just stupid just sitting there forever trying to kill a silly weak bat that I can just one shot with a 2 handed sword. There is gonna be a line where I cant carry a melee weapon around to kill flyers anymore because I dont have the required melee weapon skill.

Im guessing this is a no issue later in game when my inquisitor has a higher ranged skill. I hope

The sum attack value of your character is calculated against the opponent's defense value and evasion. The bats have a generally high evasion as it is, and most people who get ranged weapons don't put too many points into it. On top of that, evasive enemies are usually more effective against ranged weapons anyways. I have a level 84 SW with Dual Wield mastery and I only get like a 59% chance to hit Fen Fires on Gold.(Just tested it)