Shrunken Head for Areas*

Evasions

Yes, the list tells you what enemy type heads are compatible for enemies that you encounter. It's not the area that defines what will be effective but the enemy type

Desert has a lot of insects and monsters, those two types of heads will work well there.

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...

I would like to add to this topic what the shrunken heads affect. Please someone more knowledgeable chime in....

1) They add stats. For example some basic white heads will add +X Voodoo Focus, +X defense, or + X spell resistance

2) They affect some voodoo combat arts

a) Twisted Torment - [unkown whether it adds more damage wiki does not say so - please comment on this someone]

Twisted torment CAN be modded to drop more heads - bronze mod

b) Viperish Disease - More chance of transmission with head type enemy. On pc this is so nerfed that the skill is useless [correct me if wrong].

CAN be modded to drop heads

c) Black Curse - Enhanced Effect against head type enemy [is it enhanced -stats?]

CAN be modded to drop heads.

d) Malicious Totem - Shrunken head of monster type increases damage. [How much?]

e) Moribund Animus - Summon a monster of head type. [How is the power of the monster affected? Head level? Head color

Head species - discuss please]

So thats all. My questions were 1) does heads increase twisted torment damage. 2) Is viperish disease totally nerfed on pc 3) Is the enhanced effect a boost to stat reduction - of black curse 4) How much does the right shrunken head boost malicious totem? 5) does the head level affect the monster you summon ie would a gold head dropped in bronze kobold chieftain still be useful in silver for example 6) does the head color affect the monster you summon (I know it gives you stats if better color but I am talking power of the summon) 7) does the species of head affect the summon...discuss! I know undead are too slow for example. Any other observations.

8) anything else I haven't mentioned that the head affects? Hidden extra weapon damage for example?

Nice seeing you back Claudius. A lot of info as answers to your questions is in Wiki, though some of them I don`t remember anymore, as my really intense craze with the head hunter was a few months back, but maybe when I get back home form work, I`ll pull her out and do some research for you... regarding damage coming from pets, only way to increase their damage is either when choosing mods for them and the level of pet you summon. Level of pet summoned is directly related to the casting level of the Combat Art....so I put a lot of work in to a Buff Booster slot fof Moribund Animus to get as high as level of pet as I could... the Scorp just demolishes bosses btw...combine that with Totem and you`ve got an auto killer. The pet heads only limitations for being used is their level. The abilities they have will depend on level they are spawned at, but you can use any head in any level as long as the toon can use an item of that level.

For example a level 24 insect gold head which produces the scorpion, I use to spawn teh scorp...then after the scorp has spawned, I switch out the head.... the scorp remains... and then put in the correct head to amp damage against the monster type that it`s suitable for. That little trick allows you to pull up any chosen monster while retainining it`s abilities, and then modifiying your voodoo damages against specific enemy type. I`ve listed all enemy types that drop in wiki if you want to see correlations.

:)

gogo