Drops of questionable use

I tend to troll all of the drops via the collect all and I noticed some items do not seem to have any 'use'.

I picked up "leaf' that was described as a 'book' but 'activating it' did not move it from my inventory to the 'book section'.

Does anyone know what this 'book' does? Is it used later on in the game?

I also picked up an item with a "?" and some that simply states 'scrap'.

When I 'activated' the "?", it moved onto one of my 'weapon slots' and promptly 'blew away' my sword and shield that I had just finished 'blacksmithing' to the cost of 500,000 - lesson learned - NEVER activate something until you know what it does! One more affirmation that Darwin was right !!

I would also be interested to understand what other players find "questionable drops".

Never had an item with a "?" though I only play PC version...there's a couple scrolls, leafs or parchments I cannot read either. The only other items I've found with no known use is 2 different baskets, both from quests

And ouch on losing sword/shield...I hate when things like that happen :D

I could be wrong but I think these are the items you can use when you master alchemy. although I dont use alchemy so I could be wrong

I have also picked up scrolls, leafs, parchments and the '?' which in the description it says item level 22...I dont understand these things I would guess alchemy too but other than that I see no use for them...yet I keep them all in hope of maybe finding a use... although the '?' I beleive my friend activated it once and he said a different weapon appeared in his hand... he was mad at first thinking he lost his other weapon but it came back...I think he just clicked it again...but im not sure what they are used for... I was going to make a new post..but I read through the current ones and found this so I figured my story fit in here nicely...

Edited by Corrupted333