Newb Wondering some stuff.

Hey just got game and play on 360. First I was wondering is there anything different for the game on PC compaired to a system? Next I was wondering about CA regen times. Am I bad or confused or is it hard at first to keep or get the cool down lower (my HE's skills that I use are at 6 secs) I'm level 12 I put all points in focus that I can and use Incandescent Skin and Grand Invigoration and have my class mount. Also I only read one of each. I am looking for any helpful ideas that I could do, I have read alot and realized some good info on building my char but havn't ran across anything that really described how starting out goes. So I am wondering if I am missing something or its normal. I only ask because I didn't realize that you could mod Combat Arts until my first char was level 20, and I had all the wrong abilities and all that fun stuff lol. Thanks for any help

Hi and welcome stony :)

The versions are basically the same with the exception of the interface.

Managing regeneration times is one of the hardest things to do, especially at lower levels. You can read as many GI runes as you want..It's one of the few buffs and maybe the only one where there is no negative affect from increasing it's level. In the beginning it's best to raise your Combat Arts via equipment or socketing runes at the Blacksmith.

Selecting and assigning points to the applicable focus, Concentration and Armor Lore, and putting points in Stamina will help. Riding can also help out if enough points are put into it, but you must be mounted (on special mount) to receive any regen bonus from it. Some mods found on equip like 'regen time -xx%' or 'chance to halve regen +xx%' will also help.

As you level and find better equipment and can select more skills, it will become much easier to manage regen times. Don't play HE's much but it sounds like you're doing everything right so far

The versions are basically the same with the exception of the interface.

Not entirely, the Blacksmith skill doesn't work on the consoles & their patch version is somewhere between 2.34 & 2.40 on the PC (since there are several things that were fixed in 2.40 that are un-fixed on the consoles).

thanks for the help, the HE is my second char and I seem to be keeping the times down on her alot more than I am on my "main" (inquisitor).

so does this mean that I will have to socket my gear alot more? like when I get a new piece put in sockets for my CA and what not (I'm currently not doing that, I'm low level and changing gear a lot)

oh yeah I forgot, is there a char that is better to learn the ropes with, I kindof quit my Inquisitor cause I wanted that to be my bad ass and wanted to know more of what I'm doing on him.

Edited by stonydude