Is Combat Reflexes bugged on 360?

Just wondering if anyone else out there has noticed this. I took CR and have +45 to all skills in my armor. So the skill with just the single point ends up giving me +30.2% evade chance and -56.5% chance against critical weapon hits. I have tested this several times by entering the orc cave and recording the numbers. Without CR the orcs in the cave have about a 35% chance to hit me, I kill them all and exit the cave and then select CR for my 9th skill and go back into the cave. Still they have a 35% chance to hit. I have tried it on different difficulty settings, I have tried equipping and removing gear that gives me a base chance to evade but nothing I do alters the numbers. Also, when I select CR and check my bonus overview the number does not show up. The amount of damage I receive when in the cave does not seem to be any higher or lower with or without CR chosen as my 9th skill.

Anyone else had this problem, or have any information on it?

This is speculation only, but I had been previously under the impression that the chance to hit noted on the details was the chance to hit from the attack and defense values only. The reason I say this is I have a High Elf with Incandesant Skin modded to reflect close combat damage. I tend to get hit less often than the descriptions of the last few enemies faced really say I should have.

Now, this is only anecdotal evidence based on assumptions and preconceptions, of course. And also based on a temporary buff, not a permanent part of your character. I think really, we'd have to run some statistical tests to be sure. (Start a timer while waiting for Orc cave to load. See how many potions are needed to survive for a minute of them wailing on you. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Now, do the same with CR.)

Despite sacredwiki saying that all chance chance to hit modifiers are calculated into the % on enemy stats page, I as well have had my doubts. Of course it may be different on PC vs XBOX and I may just be whacked but I have noticed something else like what you describe.

When I wear something that has 'Opponents Chance to Evade -x%', my chance to hit them on the enemy stats page will not change. The difference I notice when having/not having a item with 'Opponents Chance to Evade -30%' though, seems like night and day. Something to try for anyone missing alot but if it doesn't work on npc's and is only useful in pvp don't say I did not warn you that I might just be whacked =D

This is speculation only, but I had been previously under the impression that the chance to hit noted on the details was the chance to hit from the attack and defense values only. The reason I say this is I have a High Elf with Incandesant Skin modded to reflect close combat damage. I tend to get hit less often than the descriptions of the last few enemies faced really say I should have.

Now, this is only anecdotal evidence based on assumptions and preconceptions, of course. And also based on a temporary buff, not a permanent part of your character. I think really, we'd have to run some statistical tests to be sure. (Start a timer while waiting for Orc cave to load. See how many potions are needed to survive for a minute of them wailing on you. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. Now, do the same with CR.)

Hmm, if thats the case I will go run the numbers and find out. I will get back with what I find out.

Alright, so I only did a few runs because the results were pretty solid each time. Each run I spent exactly 1 minute standing in the orc cave letting them attack me for the full 60 seconds and counted how many potions I used per run. I tried to only use potions once my health reached 50% though sometimes it was a bit lower as they obviously do not stop damage at exactly 50%.

Without Combat Reflexes:

Run 1 with buffs: 13 potions

Run 2 with buffs: 12 potions

Run 3 with buffs: 15 potions

Run 4 without buffs: 22 potions

Run 5 without buffs: 26 potions

Run 6 without buffs: 20 potions

With Combat Reflexes:

Run 1 with buffs: 8 potions

Run 2 with buffs: 9 potions

Run 3 with buffs: 7 potions

Run 4 without buffs: 13 potions

Run 5 without buffs: 11 potions

Run 6 without buffs: 13 potions

Would also like to add that after standing there for a full 60 seconds rather then just the quick 15 second runs I was doing originally I noticed a much higher amount of missed attacks on me. With all 4 orcs attacking me there would be 4-8 second intervals where they would not land a single hit. This would happen at least once per run, but on my third run with CR+Buffs it happened 3 times. Once for 6 seconds, and again after the third potion for about 4 seconds and once more after sixth potion for 5 seconds.

Edited by iamftwlol
Alright, so I only did a few runs because the results were pretty solid each time. Each run I spent exactly 1 minute standing in the orc cave letting them attack me for the full 60 seconds and counted how many potions I used per run. I tried to only use potions once my health reached 50% though sometimes it was a bit lower as they obviously do not stop damage at exactly 50%.
Well that certainly looks decisive. :P Thank you for actually running those and informing the rest of us