Playing online with friends on different difficulties

So a few guys on my site are all geared up for a little get together, but we could do with a few questions answering before we risk it and wind up losing our eyebrows. If anyone can help, mucho appreciado.

1. Different difficulties.

My friend is on silver, myself and another are on bronze. If the silver guy starts up a co-op game and us two others join....

a) can he specify what difficulty the server is?

b) if he downgrades from silver to bronze for us, what will happen to his game progress?

c) carrying on from the above point, what will happen to ours?

2. Sharing experience.

So me and a friend noticed that when one killed an enemy, we both got experience. How does this work exactly? We were at the same level so we got the same experience, but if my level 35 Seraphim kills an orc and gets 1000EXP, what would my friend's level 25 Shadow Warrior come out with - more, less, or the same?

3. Hero Chests.

Are they available online? And if so, do we only have access to OUR stuff, or do we have access to each other's stuff too?

4. Are there any other things we could do with knowing beforehand? We know that for co-op everyone has to be on the same path, and we know about the level gap thing.... anything else?

Thanks in advance, guys and gals!

,Hi,

I've not been playing long myself but I think I can answer most of these.

1. a. He can choose to either continue his co-op campaign, start a new bronze campaign or start a free world game (on bronze or silver)

b. If he starts a bronze campaign I think he can later on choose to continue his silver or this new bronze one, but I am not sure about this one - someone else please confirm. In the mean-time one of you on bronze could make the game to be safe (if you want to play bronze)

c. Nothing at all would happen to yours.

2. I thnk for each level your character is, there is a sweet spot of enemies for experience, if you are too far above or below that you won't get the max experience. So your level 35 seph and level 25 SW example, if your seph gets 1000 experience it is quite likely the SW will get a bit more.

3. There will be one hero chest in the same places you see them in single player. Each character can use it and can only see their OWN equipment.

Can't think of an awful lot more you need to get started besides as you say, the level gap and light/shadow path. I say learn by doing!

Hope this helps.

That helps quite a bit actually. One thing I did forget to ask is if the experience sharing works in free play or in co-op campaign only.

Ooh! If the host has a silver character and starts a bronze host server, can his silver character still join the game or will he need a new character?

Sorry to ask here. The manual SHOULD answer these questions, but lets face it, it ain't exactly helpful is it? Took me losing a level 18 Seraphim before I realised how to set abilities properly.

That helps quite a bit actually. One thing I did forget to ask is if the experience sharing works in free play or in co-op campaign only.

Ooh! If the host has a silver character and starts a bronze host server, can his silver character still join the game or will he need a new character?

experience sharing works both in Free World and Co-op.

The host chooses the difficulty level and everyone that joins will play on the same difficulty. You can join any game regardless of difficulty, if you are within the 10 level gap. He can create a bronze campaign, but you will have WAY more fun playing on Silver. Bronze is just to easy and beating it on Silver will be a far more fun experience. Maybe it is best one of you guys that haven't started a Silver campaign to create a new Silver game, rather than continuing his Silver campaign.

Beating it on Silver will also unlock Gold - and you are one step closer to Niob :(