Pyro Mount increased Pyro Regen Times?

jdc

Hello,

I'm at level 19, a sliver from 20. I have Concentration, Arrant Pyro Lore, Arrant Pyro Focus, and Bargaining. I haven't picked a 5th skill yet... The pyro skills are at 19 and I have a few runes into Fireball and 1 in Blazing Temp.

I bought a Pyro mount and when I hop on it, my regen times for Pyro CAs go up, not down. What gives? Oh, I have Incand Skin and Grand Invig running. I can't figure out why that

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm at level 19, a sliver from 20. I have Concentration, Arrant Pyro Lore, Arrant Pyro Focus, and Bargaining. I haven't picked a 5th skill yet... The pyro skills are at 19 and I have a few runes into Fireball and 1 in Blazing Temp.

I bought a Pyro mount and when I hop on it, my regen times for Pyro CAs go up, not down. What gives? Oh, I have Incand Skin and Grand Invig running. I can't figure out why that

Thanks in advance!

if im not wrong the mounts will increase the regen time of CAs but the pyro mount will increase the regen time of the arrant pyro CAs lesser than the rest.

And Iradescent SKin Also Raises Regen Times. I Think?

But Yeah, Mounts Increase All Regen Times, But Those Mounts Only Increase Their Respective Aspect VERY Slightly.

-Jamie.

also, at the beginning mounts level faster than the character (if you fight mounted most of the time) ...

so, it could be that very 'soon' your mount will have 10 lvls more than you have*, which has this result:

if you buy a special aspect mount in bronze at level 1, iirc it has something like +50% all regen times and -33%aspect regen time...

when you hit lets say level 60, maybe your mount is already (lets say) level 70 ... then you have +66% all regen times and -33%ascpect regen time (as the yellow mod is static)

which means if the mount is too high in level u get a penalty when using it just like if the armor you want to equip is higher than your max ilvl u can wear w/ out penalty atm.

to lower that penalty the armor parts may give you, u choose armor lore... and afaik 'riding' does partially the same thing for mounts, as it increases the max level of mounts u can 'use' (without extra penalty) plus decreasing the global regen times.....

if u have it high enough it will decrease global regen times untill u even get a small bonus for that aspect (when +all regen% drops under the static -33%aspect regen)

*however, as the max horse level (if you level by riding it) is capped @ hlvl 201 ... so if your char lvls further, the level difference is decreasing again instead increasing (this might happen earlier, im not sure atm)

uh.. one more example this time with accurate values as it is my level 200 dryad ;) :

dryad clvl 200

mount level 201

riding skill without items 79 >> horse-Combat Arts +240,5% / max horse level 252 / mount speed + 16%

>>resulting mount stats: +14,6%all regen / -33%aspect regen / +40%max HP / +37,5%defense

with riding skill 107 (sry cant test atm with my +1k all skills equip, the other dryad is using it)

>> skill: horse-Combat Arts +322,8% / speed +21,5% >> horse: +11,8%all regen /rest same

Edited by Rotluchs

The short version of Rotluchs' informative post is that if you spend a skill selection on Riding, you will actually see the combat art regen penalty for all aspects drop significantly, most likely to underneath the bonus you get to your chosen aspect. My Seraphim (who has a point in riding and some all-skill equipment) does see a modest decrease in her Revered Tech regen times. My High Elf sees the same as you, and has a small increase in regen times for her Pyromancy - because her skill points were spent elsewhere.

Oh, I have Incand Skin and Grand Invig running.

This I'm assuming is your problem. Because your mount is a pyro one, it balances your pyro skills out to combat the All CA Regen penalty. But it doesn't balance out your other two aspects and increases them around 30%. So your Grand Invigoration is already -9.8 regen for its innate abilities. If you've eaten runes for it, the penalty might be worse. So then add the mount penalty and you've got a hefty All CA regen penalty. Hope this helps.

This I'm assuming is your problem. Because your mount is a pyro one, it balances your pyro skills out to combat the All CA Regen penalty. But it doesn't balance out your other two aspects and increases them around 30%. So your Grand Invigoration is already -9.8 regen for its innate abilities. If you've eaten runes for it, the penalty might be worse. So then add the mount penalty and you've got a hefty All CA regen penalty. Hope this helps.

That is an interesting question - I know that the unique mounts will raise the regen times for all of your CAs (pretty significantly at higher levels - I think I'm in the mid 60's for regen penalty with my High Elf), but now I wonder if they also indirectly further raise them by hitting your buffs as well. I wouldn't normally think so (since they both are a CA regen penalty, and the Combat Arts are already hit pretty hard by the mounted penalty). It is something I'll try to remember to test tonight to be sure.

Just to be sure, I tested the theory that the mount was increasing the penalty for buffs as well as CAs, but I saw no effect to any of Fire Demon, Grand Invigoration, or Incandescant Skin whether I was on the mount or not. Looks like the global increase to CAs only applies to cast CAs, not persistant buffs (for which I am glad).