Testa God Power - Observation and Question

First the observation part is that this is a boss killer at level 40! Both the octaglamus and the dragon ordunacil? got killed very quickly with this spell. I am not sure but I think it is doing 1100 (listed) for 10 seconds a total of 11,000 damage? Part of the effectiveness might be that I have the bosses locked in place with inexorible subjugation (inquisitor) and they may be getting hit with more pulses or something, dunno?

Anyhow my question is if I take Divine devotion and take it to mastery and have 200 +skills or whatever which would be level 275 DD (is that possible).. What would my recharge on the god power be at that level. Does concentration matter? Gear regenerations?

I know I can look at the wiki, but I don't know what that number means in real world terms of how the recharge will be. Testa power recharge is 1200 seconds with no divine devotion skill.

Second question. Anyone know how the damage output of willowisp (testa god power) scales with character level? It seems quite good at level 40 but will it be good at 80, 140, 180:)

I think I figured something kick ass out imo at least. Purifying chastisement hallow mod raises the damage of will o wisp. It does quite a bit. Also the WIDD damage of PC kicks ass on this spell. Just let the boss hit you down to about 50-75% health. Next step get them in Inexorible subjugation lock with dislodged spirit/callous execution(stun mod) while they are in lock.

They cannot hurt you while in lock so don't drink a healing potion. Your WIDD will make your God spell do a lot of damage.

Cast God spell!

I just dropped Carnach within 3 seconds just with my Godspell + 2 x IS combo...

Remember, anger fuels the dark sid of the force :thumbsup:

Edited by claudius

AFAIK, no skill affects your divine power except divine devotion. Not concentration, not combat discipline, nothing.

With that said, let's take a look at the wiki you mentioned - I can at least help with regen times for you. Looks like putting into DD would bump your damage (:thumbsup:) some unspecified amount (:explode:) and cut regen times per the chart. It does not appear, however, that you will ever be able to use it quickly in succession. If you were able to get, say, all the way up to a 85% regen time cut (I find this unlikely to be easy due to diminishing returns*), we're still looking at a 3 minute regen time. Your regen time at a 200 skill (assuming 75 hard points for the mastery) would be 4 minutes, 12 seconds.

Unfortunately I can't say how much your damage will spike with the divine devotion - I've not had a character yet with the skill slot free to take it, especially since I forget to use it all the time xP

*looking at the expanded chart from 190-200, we see that adding ten points in DD generates a 0.4% decrease in regen times. If we pretend for just a moment that the skill is linear from 201 on, we'd be looking at needing to reach a 350 skill in DD to be able to get to a 85% regen decrease. With diminishing returns, it's probably going to be much higher than that, if 85% is even attainable with the skill.

Edited by spotmarkedx

Like it or not taking Divine Devotion will not have as much effect on regen times as you'd think.

It works like any aspect Focus, decreasing regen times but also increasing max spell level without penalty.

Since you cannot choose whether to level up the godspell or not this means it will be much higher than it would have been otherwise, which in turn leads to it being slower to regenerate.

Oof - I never really pay attention to this power so I wasn't aware that the regen time creeps up like that. Huh - well I guess either way, whether you were able to get down to four minutes or not, DD doesn't really help for quick boss fights in succession (say - the Inquisitor followed by the four Nameless Guardian fights at the end), unless you have a lot of patience to wait out the timer. I don't know that I would suggest putting much in the way of resources to try to make the power useful once I take into account what Zinsho has said. I mean it was a little questionable before (since it wouldn't be of much help for 95%+ of the game when you are running around dealing with random quests and mobs), but not being able to keep the regen on the power from creeping up makes this even less reasonable in my eyes :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm not liking the potential of the god power with respect to DD... Its still just too infrequent.

I do like the combination of Testa and the mystic/hallow mod/WIDD of purifying chastisement..

Thanks guys!

I'll have to test it...

working on an Inquisitor right now with just that setup (although rarely relying on WIDD).

Of course I'm also not taking Tactics/Astute/Nefarious Lores, relying entirely on Hallow for that damage (it does scale fairly close to keeping the lores at player level)

So far my one death has been trying to experiment with WIDD. I think its a very bad idea with mobs. Not sure if const mastery will change that. But against boss you can paralayze the boss with inexorible subjugation (and still do a couple more combat arts during the duration of IS)..

So when you notice your a bit damaged flip on the god power and start IS lock. Only boss fight because no other source of damage. Might be risky with bosses such as the garganthropod with minions.