Inqy Binky Spider...

I had a giant come along and step on my spider :bow:

lol, no seriously... I'm just finding it way more fun to play the Inquisitor unmounted. The spider's execution of the Inqu's Combat Arts are just too slow. Course...I'm lucky because I have a trader who can shop in Niobium, and this hugely impacts my viability in a great way. Most creatures can't do much damage to me, and this is amazing for an Inquisitor because they're born to bleed ^^

I'm just wondering though if for other players out there, if peeps have opted to go non-mounted because of the faster execution speeds for the weapon Combat Arts?

Also, how does the mount impact magical CA execution?

:)

gogo

I had a giant come along and step on my spider :blush:

lol, no seriously... I'm just finding it way more fun to play the Inquisitor unmounted. The spider's execution of the Inqu's Combat Arts are just too slow. Course...I'm lucky because I have a trader who can shop in Niobium, and this hugely impacts my viability in a great way. Most creatures can't do much damage to me, and this is amazing for an Inquisitor because they're born to bleed ^^

I'm just wondering though if for other players out there, if peeps have opted to go non-mounted because of the faster execution speeds for the weapon Combat Arts?

Also, how does the mount impact magical CA execution?

gogo

Yeah, the GI CAs, in particular CE and MP are affected adversely while mounted, although only if you dual wield. On foot, both of those will strike twice, but only once mounted. I don't find it much of a problem since for my playstyle, those CAs aren't relied on for grinding. I'm mounted only when I'm "out and about", in other words, when I'm doing nothing important. Granted, that IS the majority of playtime. I dismount for ALL boss fights, even outdoor ones you could use the mount for (except Miasma, as that's still an Area of Effect fight and I don't trust his whirlwind). Obviously, dungeon crawling is done unmounted, and I like going into every cave I see. My "on-foot" dps is significantly higher than mounted for single targets.

OTOH, effective range of all CAs is boosted while mounted. You can simply hit things further away with RM, CE, LA, etc. So that's a plus. I don't find AS CAs to be adversely affected in any way while mounted. They're actually MORE effective for me on the spider because of the range boost (on foot I'll sometimes have to run up a few steps to fire off LA in my RT-CM-LA combo, but on the spider it always fires immediately) and because I use the AS Spider so the recharge time of my AS combo is lower than on foot.

Being mounted only affects NN CAs in so far as the fact that DS is melee range only, so without +run speed gear, you'll get to the target faster. Same thing with IS. It's range seems to be fixed, but you can initiate the CA outside of range, so whatever movement form you move faster in would be superior (slightly) for getting it off quickly. ED targets the nearest corpse within range, so movement has no bearing on it (of course, I've stopped using that p.o.s. CA anyhow).

Being mounted does provide an added safety net obviously, but normal mobs shouldn't be threatening enough to realistically kill a well built character (at least after you get through the growing pains stage of character development...in the case on my build that's after 75), and if my spider ever dies, I'll consider that a failure on my part. Of course, if you're using niob BS arts, that provides all the defensive advantage you're likely to need anyway.

If I ever acquire more satisfactory run speed gear, I'd also consider going on foot more often outdoors, but I refuse to use sub par gear simply because it has run speed (even if it is one of my favorite equip stats). I also really wish the Inquisitor wouldn't sit cross-legged on the spider...not only is that impractical, its hella dumb looking IMO.

I must say, that the kill speed of the Inquisitor is hugely improved while on mountback :blink: I was having what I thought was fun, and had forgotten about my mount until level 48...then remembered the spider, and called him. Well, at this point kill speed exploded. I could traverse distances in the blink of an eye, and at this point I was gravitating to more and more boss challenges. You're right CityHunter about the Range. Wow. What a difference that makes. Whereas before I could actually count the number of enemies my Ruthless Mutilation would take out in a swipe... I started losing count of how many I could take out while mounted, and in fact was coming to enjoy the brief and heartily satisfying moment of lag/freeze as my comp would crunch out the damage and kills with a single strike of that glorious two handers.

And talk about splendid with bosses. While mounted, that range is SO good, that while running after the jungle boss trying to get close enough with my two hander and losing time cuz he'd keep running away... the range now on Callous Execution has improved so much, I'm thinking that building in some kind of ranged won't be necessary at all because Callous hits him like a ranged weapon with the two hander! :woot:

Bottom line is... if overall kill speed has improved, it means that the mechanics are working better. And hey, if bosses go down now without all that crazy running, I think me and inky binky spider are gonna get real close and personal the next few days.

gogo

Hi there Gogo, I found my spider to be amazing for a good long while, up until level 98~ or so. Then I got an insignia of pain to drop, set pants that have run speed in them. I socketed this with a deathblow / run speed ring. This put it around 42% run speed on just the legs putting me near the cap and I find I run faster without the spider now than with. My CA timers aren't really affected due to diminishing returns on Regeneration time : Astute Supremacy that I have on the rest of my gear. So the spider does give me an HP boost and Defense boost but lowers the regen time of my GI CE which for me has a top end of 7k now at 105. This lets me take out single elites in niob that I'm slowly questing through.

Great spider that I think is the coolest mount of them all :ninja: just the past few times I've been out and about didn't even think of call the spider up, just ran around and got the job done quicker without.