Is it my equipment?

So I built a DW Seraph more or less following the advice and guides I have gathered from here. And just got up to level 60 ( IN tandem with beating Gold) So I was noticing as I got near the end of the campaign on Gold that I was having more and more problems taking out bad guys and taking A LOT more damage myself. Then I gave Plat a shot and trash mobs were making me spam health potions to stay alive.

So my question is, is equipment THAT important that it is making this difference or is that just the way things are? I don't have many set pieces at all though I have a good bit of 3 star items (No idea why I get very few set drops my Perception high and I have runes to boost it in addition to many +all skill trinkets)

So I built a DW Seraph more or less following the advice and guides I have gathered from here. And just got up to level 60 ( IN tandem with beating Gold) So I was noticing as I got near the end of the campaign on Gold that I was having more and more problems taking out bad guys and taking A LOT more damage myself. Then I gave Plat a shot and trash mobs were making me spam health potions to stay alive.

So my question is, is equipment THAT important that it is making this difference or is that just the way things are? I don't have many set pieces at all though I have a good bit of 3 star items (No idea why I get very few set drops my Perception high and I have runes to boost it in addition to many +all skill trinkets)

Hey, GunKata. Perhaps if you could post your base skill levels (without +skill items) and combart art levels, along with a brief description of which combat art's you use most often, someone here might be able to help. For some builds, quality armor can be essential and for other builds it can sometimes be neglected without much ill-effect, so we need some info. I believe 3 star armor is primarily set armor so maybe you are talking about weapons/rings/amulets? Also, you mention having runes to boost Perception, I am assuming you mean 'relics' to boost 'enhanced perception'?

Edited by Frisky

Ok questions first..yes I meant Relics..the 6 you can wear..and for 3 star I did mean mostly weapons and trinkets. (3star pieces of Armor I have a breastplate and wings and a helmet. I have gotten other set pieces but they were not even close to being as good as what I was wearing..and had stuff like +int on them or modded the wrong combat art tree)

Tactics Lore 45

Dual Wield 45

Armor Lore 45

Enhanced Perception 30

Exalted Warrior Focus 20

Combat Reflexes 15

Toughness 20

Constitution 20

Bargaining 1

These are more or less where I am at not exact numbers as my Ps3 is in another part of the house and I was too lazy to find a pen but these are 95% accurate.

And I use the character as recomended.. Battle Stance, and lots of Pelting Strikes. And a little bit of Dashing Alactricty thrown in to make me run faster and to break roots.

Edited by GunKata
Ok questions first..yes I meant Relics..the 6 you can wear..and for 3 star I did mean mostly weapons and trinkets. (3star pieces of Armor I have a breastplate and wings and a helmet. I have gotten other set pieces but they were not even close to being as good as what I was wearing..and had stuff like +int on them or modded the wrong combat art tree)

Tactics Lore 45

Dual Wield 45

Armor Lore 45

Enhanced Perception 30

Exalted Warrior Focus 20

Combat Reflexes 15

Toughness 20

Constitution 20

Bargaining 1

These are more or less where I am at not exact numbers as my Ps3 is in another part of the house and I was too lazy to find a pen but these are 95% accurate.

And I use the character as recomended.. Battle Stance, and lots of Pelting Strikes. And a little bit of Dashing Alactricty thrown in to make me run faster and to break roots.

A couple of quick recommendations as I do not have much time atm.

1. If you do not already have 'evade +%' on items, I would recommend trying for about +75% for now just on items, to supplement your combat reflexes.

2. Make sure you have a couple items with life leech or just one with a high #.

3. If you are truly having the trouble you describe, it would probably greatly help to have Constitution Skill at 75 hardpoints when your character hits level 75 so that you can receive the health regen bonus while in combat.

4. If you can get ahold of the 'Twilight of the Gods' set chestpiece(Holy Protection) at just above your level, it has a great deal more armor (of all types) than other set chestpieces or two star items of same level. The amount of armor it will add when modified by your Armor Lore's armor+% will likely be considerable.

I will try to add more later, 1&2 can make a huge difference if you do not already have them. Hope this helps.

So my question is, is equipment THAT important that it is making this difference or is that just the way things are?

It is. Equipment is so important in games like this. After you've played for a while, you'll realize that when speccing your build from ground up, one of the main concerns is how you will furnish it with items. For not only does that make your build better, it also keeps you interested in the zombie levels where you're going mad because you're desperate for experience.

The paradigm shift occurs when a player makes the distinction between a "main" build and a support build. A main build is the build a player wants to put in as much effort as possible in terms of destruction..while allotting some of the other slots in his account to providing "support" via smithing or bargaining to the player's "main" toon.

1. When players are starting the usual routine is to build general skills right into their main build.
  2. Later on you'll perhaps meet some friends, join a clan or even trade.
  3. Later on...you'll make your Bargaining Network, and this will win you perhaps an extra skill slot for extra damage or defense.
  4. And then even later on, when you have tons of character slots or accounts who's inventories are jam-packed with cool items, you can completely forgo putting any type of general skills in and just build for power and complete pwnage.

heh, I wanna get to that last part soon!

:P

gogo