Can't Load or Join Games, Looking for Help - PS3

Looks like I've lost everything, 138 hours.

Playing online with a pug group on Gold level, completed The Great Machine quest line. When the host touched the consol to complete the level my screen froze for about 20 mins. In fact the ps3 had froze so in the end had to reboot the power.

I can start the game and my chars are there to choose from. All with the correct gear on I'm even on the leaderboard. Yet when I choose Continue or any of the Start game options, the screen changes to show the PS3 controller and disk icon then freezes. I've left it like this for 20 mins + with no joy. I can Quit the game from the xmb. I can create a new char but still with the same problem, if I log into a differnet PSN account there are no issues at all (but this does not hold any chars).

I've never backed up my save file due to reading about online trading being restricted. So 138 hours of gameplay gone :D

I'd just hit level 77 on my SW and the build was really starting to pay off.

So if anyone could help me with:-

1. Activating portals around the map (speed me up).

2. Help with bosses.

2. Gifts/Donations.

I'll be rebuilding my SW Death Spec so in return I will create a guide for the community, it's a good fun tank build with massive chained crits.

If you would like to help please add me PSN exceluk1 or post in here.

Thanks

Exceluk1 :(

Edited by gogoblender

Ahhh, Excel, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss :) I'd jump in in a second and give you king's gold, but we're in different platforms. Hopefully some of the very nice people from this site will see your story, and be able to pitch in.

Good luck, come back stronger!

:D

gogo

Thanks for the kind offers guys. Im doing quite well now, perfected my build and just dinged level 40 after 27 hrs. Survival bonus! Only item I'm struggling with is a good sheild now, I have a few rares and sets for trade so if you have one spare 38 - 47.

PSN - exceluk1

Thanks for the kind offers guys. Im doing quite well now, perfected my build and just dinged level 40 after 27 hrs. Survival bonus! Only item I'm struggling with is a good sheild now, I have a few rares and sets for trade so if you have one spare 38 - 47.

PSN - exceluk1

Good grief! How do you guys level so fast!? I'm level 31 in 58 hours! Then again I'm on Bronze :agreed: I'm glad you can recover speedily, Excel. If I ever get around to playing online I'll look you up and add you.

PSN - exceluk1

Well done, excel!

I'm glad to hear you have bounced back so heathily

To the levels!

:drinks:

gogo

PSN - exceluk1

Good grief! How do you guys level so fast!? I'm level 31 in 58 hours! Then again I'm on Bronze :drinks: I'm glad you can recover speedily, Excel. If I ever get around to playing online I'll look you up and add you.

The only reason he leveled fast is because hes probably doing the main quest, which opens up more ares for higher level-attained "take ins" if you know what I mean.

Which is not a bad thing! :drinks:

It is if your trying to get the Diligent Achievements.

The trick is as stated main quest to gold and + xp trinkets. Also Officers Saber for survival bonus, thats hitting 80% silver complete. I'm not a fan of trophies they dont add to my stats.

Edited by excel
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update here really,

61 Hrs, level 60 and just hit Platinum.

Now I know I'd done all that with 0 Deaths and built up my Survival bonus to around 90%. Now since starting Platinum it shows 1 death and a Survival Bonus of 33% straight away. Not happy but my build still seems to work without it thank god.

Update complete.

I am having a real big issue with this and its really starting to get to me. I am playing on the ps3 system and a few days ago I went to turn on sacred 2 and everything was normal. It gets to the title screen just fine. I can view the ladder board, view games, and select my different characters. The problem occurs when I try to join games, every single game I try to join it will tell me that the host quit the session or cannot connect with server. So I try to create my own games on or off line but it will just get stuck on the loading page with the spinning disk. I gave it a couple days but I am still having the same problem. Any help would be grate. I read through a lot of post and didn't see any like this but if this has already been talked about I apologize. I could really use some help here. tytyty much

This is exactly the same situation I found myself in a few weeks ago. POST It would seem you have a corrupt data save file, the only way around it is too delete the save file in mxl and start from scratch. Can you create a new character and play that? If you can create but the game hangs in the same place then you definatly have the same issue.

Thank you gogoblender and excel for the quick response. Yeah I have the same problem I can create chars. but it will just get stuck on the loading page with the controller and spinning disk. I can view myself on the ladderboards as well. Its really depressing to have to delete all my toons. I was just starting to find some good things for my guys. I just have spent a lot of time on this now its gunna all be gone. I had my 57 SW 25 HE 2 level 40 dryads. Glad you bounced back so well and fast excel im just depressed that this happened and if I rebuild my guys again I dont want it to happen again if that makes sense.

The only advice I can give to not let this happen again is.

1. If joining a hosted game, you take a big risk of manually saving your game at the same time the host quits. (this is what caused my file issue).

2. If saving your game don't quite or go any futher until the "spinning disk" icon is finished.

3. Don't join PUGs with people you dont know and trust!! (see point 1).