My Shadow Warrior Can't Survive in Gold Mode.

My SW is level 50 and gold mode just readily destroys me. Anywhere outside of Tyr Lysa is a death sentence most mobs chew me up in seconds and any place in the jungle/decent and afterward have mobs that can one shot me. I've played with other SW's online and they don't seem to have any problems and were surprised at my characters shortcomings and constant reliability on health potions. This is my fourth SW, and I really, really want to get it right this time. I cant make another character because catching up to my friends wont work out.

I die pretty fast, mobs damage me pretty good, and I get one shotted more than I'd like to. I do decent damage with my swords, but in later zones it shows sings of waning in comparison to "lol I one shot everything" players. I think I'm consistent with hitting.

My build is currently:

Strength: 213

Vitality: 177

Tactics Lore: 21

Armor Lore : 41

Sword Weapons: 15

Dual Wield: 10

Death Warrior Focus: 39

Toughness: 8

Malevolent Champion Focus: 13

Combat Reflexes: 9

Concentration: 6

I plan on doing Constitution as my last skill.

The Combat Arts I use are Demonic Blow(Vehemence/Frailty/Trauma) with 7 runes trained at Level 16 and Scything Sweep(Force/Intent/Rage) with 8 runes trained at Level 14. I use Reflective Emanation and Grim Resilience. Was told not to eat runes, just let the Focus take care of the rest.

Oh, I play on the 360.

Welcome to the forum eckostyle

I don't usually play with SW's but I've given them a go in the past and have found them to be quite viable. You say you're taking damage? May I ask what level your Grim Resilience is running at? And how are you casting it... from just runes read, socketed or are you using a Buff Booster Casting slot?

:)

gogo

Gogo, I have to ask, what is a Buff Booster Casting slot? I went the Astral Lord route so am not having too many problems in Gold right now. I run around in plain sight to attract the mobs and then if I am start taking too bad a beating, I drink a potion, go invisible and let my skeleton army clear the field. Sorry I can't really help eckostyle.

• 4 months later...

I have a level 50 Shadow Warrior right now in gold and don't have any problems at all.....

your skill choices seem pretty weird though. there no synergies between dual wield and sword weapons,

and instead of combat reflexes you should have taken constitution

My Shadow Warrior is level 50 and gold mode just readily destroys me. Anywhere outside of Tyr Lysa is a death sentence most mobs chew me up in seconds and any place in the jungle/decent and afterward have mobs that can one shot me. I've played with other Shadow Warrior's online and they don't seem to have any problems and were surprised at my characters shortcomings and constant reliability on health potions. This is my fourth Shadow Warrior, and I really, really want to get it right this time. I cant make another character because catching up to my friends wont work out.

I die pretty fast, mobs damage me pretty good, and I get one shotted more than I'd like to. I do decent damage with my swords, but in later zones it shows sings of waning in comparison to "lol I one shot everything" players. I think I'm consistent with hitting.

My build is currently:

Strength: 213

Vitality: 177

Tactics Lore: 21

Armor Lore : 41

Sword Weapons: 15

Dual Wield: 10

Death Warrior Focus: 39

Toughness: 8

Malevolent Champion Focus: 13

Combat Reflexes: 9

Concentration: 6

I plan on doing Constitution as my last skill.

The Combat Art's I use are Demonic Blow(Vehemence/Frailty/Trauma) with 7 runes trained at Level 16 and Scything Sweep(Force/Intent/Rage) with 8 runes trained at Level 14. I use Reflective Emanation and Grim Resilience. Was told not to eat runes, just let the Focus take care of the rest.

Oh, I play on the 360.

good morning and welcome to the forum.

I see that vitality is a little low by that is not unusual, the only abnormality is dual wield and sword weapon. while is o.k. to take both. (dual wield sword weapons is cool) you need to put points in only one of them, as they cancel each other out. the points don't stack. so pick one to put points into9 I recomend sword weapon.

As for getting killed easily. Some tactics may be in order. while a level 50 gold char is quite common, jumping into different areas takes some tactics. there is a natural difficulty progression from elves - humans - orcs - swamp- desert - jungle - dryads - wasteland. jumping from silver wasteland to gold jungle skips a bunch of leveling areas that may not be for every play style. Even if you here of some experienced players doing it.

As for runes read you have begun to read them into offensive Combat Arts but what about your buffs? I always read into buff first and let the lore and focus to it's work on the offensive skills.

what are you wearing for gear? your chance to hit may have been good on silver and not so good on gold. take a look at that. your armor and toughness are good by what about base armor? if you still wearing level 15 gear you may need to upgrade

Gogo, I have to ask, what is a Buff Booster Casting slot? I went the Astral Lord route so am not having too many problems in Gold right now. I run around in plain sight to attract the mobs and then if I am start taking too bad a beating, I drink a potion, go invisible and let my skeleton army clear the field. Sorry I can't really help eckostyle.

some players build a buff suite. they take empty set gear and load it with +combat arts, +all skills then activate their buffs and get high bonuses from the buff and mods,. this usually results in very high regen times, so without turning off the buffs the re-gear back to their battle suit. this returns regens back to normal, but leave the bonuses from the buff suite active. as long as you leave the buffs up your fine. every time you want to recycle your buffs you wear the suit.

As for runes read you have begun to read them into offensive Combat Arts but what about your buffs? I always read into buff first and let the lore and focus to it's work on the offensive skills.

That was the biggest red flag I saw in the original post. Sounded like he was keeping GR and RE at one rune read, which would definitely explain why everything was defeating him so handily.

Ayuh. Grim Resillience just about makes the Shadow Warrior invulnerable. I remember when I was sketching out a few builds how almost invulnerable my ranged Shadow Warrior was doing in even the swamps... course this was before the expansion... the new Detrimental effects are all the rage... I'm curious as to how this class does now in the swamp with no ranged going

:P

gogo

• 2 months later...

I currently have a level 48 Shadow Warrior in gold and am finding it very easy. My setup is as follows:

Tactics Lore-35

M.C. Focus -42

Hafted-11

Dual Wield-25

D.W. Focus-38

Concentration-32

Armor Lore-35

Constitution-32

All points in Strength

Buffs: Grim Resilience Un-Modded/Reflective Emanation-Backlash/Anti-Magic/Riposte

All Sockets-Damage/Attack Value

Most Used Combo's- Combo#1 Belligerent Vault/Frenzied Rampage Combo#2 Ruinous Onslaught/Rousing Command Combo#3 Killing Spree/Demonic Blow

I'm certainly not an expert, but this set-up kills things in Gold so quickly it seems almost unfair. I hope it helps a little. Cheers