Hours and Items Lost

So I've been playing Sacred 2 at a friend's house whenever possible. I started with the High-Elf, but soon realized I that I messed up her build a little and then started with a seraphim. We don't want to upgrade to post Christmas Island patches before we have the christmas suits for all the current toons.

I got my seraphim's christmas suit and moved on to the Blind Guardian quest. We play with the camera in follow mode and at some point about 4 hours after christmas island, I decided to rotate manually around my seraphim while running around a combat free area, and... kapow ! BSOD, and when I reloaded the game, there I am back where I was just after christmas island... 2 set drops and 2 uniques gone, but I guess that did not annoy me as much as the game time lost, since I only get to play about once or twice a month !! :)

If this is a known bug (I've not read anything about this in patch notes) or if it was a random glitch, I don't know, but I'm just sending out a warning... Don't be stupid like me and try and rotate while running if you have the camera set in follow mode (or save more regularly - which is something I tend to forget while getting all sucked up by the Sacred 2 hypnoses factor)