Consoles: If using COMBAT DISCIPLINE, you must have a WEAPON SKILL

Note to all console players (especially high elves or other pure casting builds): if you want to use combat discipline effctively, it must be paired with a weapon skill (even if you are a pure spell caster) for most effective use because combo animation execution speed is determined by your attack speed only (which is influnced by weapon skills) always, not your casting speed as gained by "spell lore skills" such as pyro lore for high elf or nature lore for dryad.

It would be good to put this in the wiki.

For discussion of how to overcome this without using weapon skills (as suggested later in the thread) please see here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12234 -Zin

Edited by Zinsho
attack/cast speed can be improved with gear as well I believe so a weapon skill in not necessarily needed.

Hmm, How many slots would it take to get attack speed up to 150%? Are there a lot of items that have this mod? It might be sacrificing quite a bit of slots but might be worth it.

I play mostly a melee based character so I have a weapon skill so I don't pay close enough attention to this equipment mod. The highest that I know that I have seen is +12% but I am sure that they go higher than that. I am also not sure if you get diminishing returns on this modifier either.

I play mostly a melee based character so I have a weapon skill so I don't pay close enough attention to this equipment mod. The highest that I know that I have seen is +12% but I am sure that they go higher than that. I am also not sure if you get diminishing returns on this modifier either.

That means at least 4-5 slots dedicated to this to get full attack speed hmm. Wonder what level the ring/ammulet was and what difficulty it was found in?

I created a new topic to collect information and opinions on this. That topic is here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=12234&hl=

The name of the new topic is much more appropriate. I was not aware previously that it was possible to raise attack speed through other means.

Changed link to reflect proper location of new thread -Zin

Edited by ka243